Incredible Adventures: Once-in-a-Lifetime Experiences

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary: They only interfered a couple of times - once when I was in a nose dive and approaching the hard deck, and once more when I tried to pull out of a loop too tightly. They did offer minor corrections a few times, and we were instructed to start each dog fight with a specific maneuver, but all in all I did what I wanted to do.And I didn't throw-up or pass-out. :biggrin: When it was over, I was literally incapable of driving the car home - I was in complete adrenalin overload. However, I did catch myself driving 80-90 mph, several times, over the next few weeks.In summary, the author did an Air Combat Adventure and
Physics news on Phys.org
Damn that's pretty cool!

I did Air Combat. And yes, do it, no matter what it takes!

Ivan Seeking said:
I did Air Combat. And yes, do it, no matter what!

You did it? Seriously? Ok, I'm jealous.

How touchy were the instructors with how you maneuvered the plane? Could you give it all you got or did they occasionally tell you to let up or take it easy?

No kidding, and it was by far one of the most memorable hours of my life. They only interfered a couple of times - once when I was in a nose dive and approaching the hard deck, and once more when I tried to pull out of a loop too tightly. They did offer minor corrections a few times, and we were instructed to start each dog fight with a specific maneuver, but all in all I did what I wanted to do.

And I didn't throw-up or pass-out. :biggrin: When it was over, I was literally incapable of driving the car home - I was in complete adrenalin overload. However, I did catch myself driving 80-90 mph, several times, over the next few weeks.

Ivan Seeking said:
I did Air Combat. And yes, do it, no matter what it takes!

I tried that once, and the FAA got piSSSSSSSSED.

Cyrus said:
I tried that once, and the FAA got piSSSSSSSSED.

Heh, yes, there was an area over the coastal mountain range that I believe was specified for our use only. I know for sure that our air space for maneuvers was tightly controlled.

1. What are some examples of "Incredible Adventures: Once-in-a-Lifetime Experiences"?

Some examples of incredible adventures include skydiving, bungee jumping, swimming with sharks, hiking to the summit of Mount Everest, and cage diving with crocodiles.

2. Are these adventures safe?

While these adventures may have an element of risk, they are typically conducted with strict safety protocols in place. It is important to research the company and ensure they have a good safety record before participating in any adventure.

3. How much do these adventures cost?

The cost of these adventures can vary greatly depending on the location, duration, and type of adventure. Some may be relatively affordable, while others can cost thousands of dollars. It is important to research and compare prices before booking an adventure.

4. Are these adventures available for all ages?

Some of these adventures may have age restrictions due to safety concerns, while others may be suitable for all ages. It is important to check with the company beforehand to ensure that the adventure is appropriate for your age group.

5. How do I prepare for these adventures?

Preparation for these adventures will vary depending on the specific activity. However, in general, it is important to be physically fit, follow any instructions or guidelines given by the company, and have the necessary equipment or gear. It is also recommended to have travel insurance and a backup plan in case of any unforeseen circumstances.