Help with problem, only given maximum height and range

In summary, the problem is to determine the launch angle and launch speed of a rocket that reaches a maximum height of 72.3 meters and a maximum range of 111 meters. The poster is seeking help and guidance on how to solve this problem.
darealprince
Hello i need help with this problem where i am only given the maximum height and range. The problem is that a rocket reaches a height of 72.3 meters and had a maximum range of 111 meters. What is the launch angle? and what is the launch speed?
Does anybody know how to solve it

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

darealprince said:
Hello i need help with this problem where i am only given the maximum height and range. The problem is that a rocket reaches a height of 72.3 meters and had a maximum range of 111 meters. What is the launch angle? and what is the launch speed?
Does anybody know how to solve it

Hi darealprince! Welcome to PF! :smile:

What have you tried? what equations do you know that might help? :smile:

Based on the given information, it is not possible to determine the launch angle or launch speed of the rocket. In order to solve for these values, we would need additional information such as the initial velocity, acceleration, and time of flight. Without these variables, it is not possible to accurately calculate the launch angle and speed. It is important to have all relevant information in order to solve a problem accurately in science.

What is the problem about?

The problem involves finding the initial velocity of a projectile launched at an angle, given only the maximum height it reaches and the range it travels.

Why is this problem important?

This problem is important because it is a common scenario in physics and engineering, where we often need to calculate the initial conditions of a projectile in order to accurately predict its trajectory.

What information do I need to solve this problem?

To solve this problem, you will need to know the acceleration of gravity (usually denoted as "g") and the angle at which the projectile was launched.

What equations can I use to solve this problem?

The two main equations you can use to solve this problem are the equations for horizontal and vertical motion, which are derived from the equations of motion.

Can I solve this problem with just the given information?

Yes, you can solve this problem with just the given information. However, you may need to make some assumptions, such as assuming that air resistance is negligible.