Greatest scientists who never won a nobel prize

• Thread starter fourier jr
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Nobel prize
In summary: Tesla, Farnsworth, and Higgs are all examples of scientists who never won the Nobel Prize, but their work was very important and contributed to the development of physics.
The only reason Einstein didn't get a Nobel for relativity is because it was way over the head of the committee and they gave him one for the photoelectric effect because he had a nice experiment to show how it worked and a nice data table . And someone told the committee you better give him a prize for the photoelectric effect or your look like fools .

Physics news on Phys.org
jimmysnyder said:
Actually, that was Brown.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownian_motion"

I'm sorry, I meant describe mathematically, or model mathematically, or made known or w/e he did, not discover. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Benoît Paul Émile Clapeyron, need I say more?

Matterwave said:
After Nobel...uh I can only think of the one time Born was snubbed for the 1932 prize. Even though Born had worked jointly with Heisenberg (and Jordan) regarding the matrix formulation of QM, only Heisenberg was given the prize (possibly due to Jordan's connection with the Nazi's). No need to panic, though, since Born got one later for his statistical interpretation of QM.

Wasn't Heisenberg working for the Nazi's too? Wasn't this the reason the relationship between Heisenberg and Bohr broke down?