Determining parameters for trapped air in contact with water.

In summary, the conversation discusses the need to evaluate parameters for very humid air, which can be calculated from the parameters for dry air and water vapor using a linear combination with a coefficient based on the percentage of water present. The proportion of water in the air is unknown, but there is a 12cm wide layer of air in contact with water at 39°C with a contact area of 5.46m². The calculation for density of water vapor is incorrect, and the question is posed about the accuracy of the other two parameters.
Expi
Hi everyone,

I need to evaluate parameters (heat capacity, density and thermal conductivity) for some very humid air.
I know the parameters for both dry air and water vapor. So I suppose the parameters I need will just be a linear combination of the other parameters, with a coefficient corresponding to the percentage of water in the air.
Problem is I do not know what is the proportion of water inside my air.

I have a 12cm wide layer of air in contact with plenty of water at a temperature of 39°C (312K) the contact area is about 5.46m². The air is trapped, I believe there are a few leaks keeping a balance in the air but that is not important for now.

Could someone validate my (basic) calculation, and overall could someone help me as to how figure out the humidity of the air.
I browsed a few tool boxes and did not find the parameters I need, if someone knows about that it would also be very welcomed.

Thank you for your times and your answers.
Have a good day.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Already found out that the density of water vapor is definately not calculated as I thought.

But like that :
rho = p1/(R1*T) + p2/(R2*T)
Where p are the pressions, R are some specific constants and T the temperature.

So I am wondering if I am not wrong for the other 2 parameters.

1. How do you determine the parameters for trapped air in contact with water?

The parameters for trapped air in contact with water can be determined by conducting experiments or using mathematical models. In experiments, the volume of air, temperature, and pressure can be measured to determine the parameters. Mathematical models use equations that relate the parameters to each other and can be solved to determine the values.

2. What are the factors that affect the parameters for trapped air in contact with water?

The parameters for trapped air in contact with water are affected by the volume of air, temperature, pressure, and the properties of the water such as salinity, dissolved gases, and turbulence. The presence of impurities in the water can also affect the parameters.

3. How does the temperature of water affect the parameters for trapped air?

The temperature of water has a significant effect on the parameters for trapped air. As the temperature increases, the solubility of air in water decreases, leading to a decrease in the amount of trapped air. Additionally, the expansion of water due to temperature changes can affect the volume of trapped air.

4. What is the importance of determining the parameters for trapped air in contact with water?

Determining the parameters for trapped air in contact with water is crucial for various industries such as water treatment, wastewater management, and aquatic research. These parameters can affect the efficiency of treatment processes, the quality of water, and the health of aquatic organisms.

5. Can the parameters for trapped air in contact with water change over time?

Yes, the parameters for trapped air in contact with water can change over time due to various factors such as changes in temperature, pressure, and water properties. Additionally, the introduction of impurities or agitation of the water can also alter the parameters. Therefore, it is essential to regularly monitor and adjust these parameters to ensure accurate results and optimal performance.