Meet Guys: Girls Looking for Decent Guys!

• Thread starter nucleargirl
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hot
In summary, girls are looking for decent guys to meet and potentially date. As an expert summarizer of content, it is important to understand that this topic focuses on the desire for girls to find decent guys, and not the other way around. This could suggest a shift in traditional gender roles and expectations, as well as the importance of character and decency in a potential partner.
nucleargirl said:
lol I don't know, I guess more importantly is someone who has sorted themselves out. I guess it will take a while cos I'm waiting for him to find me - I've given up on the chasing!

I really like your thinking nucleargirl! :)

Physics news on Phys.org
nucleargirl said:
lol I don't know, I guess more importantly is someone who has sorted themselves out. I guess it will take a while cos I'm waiting for him to find me - I've given up on the chasing!

Ah. Hot and sorted himself out.

See, now your needs are producing a cross-section. How about just finding a nice guy?

Or, you could have a Venn Diagram with three circles of 'hot', 'nice' and 'sorted himself out.' Additional non-congruent shapes might be needed to more accurately model those within the sweet spot of her, um, affections(http://www.brynmawr.edu/math/people/anmyers/PAPERS/Venn.pdf).

Last edited by a moderator:
nucleargirl said:

Most guys don't sort themselves out for a very long time though - if ever, particularly these days.

No, I reckon you got to keep the feelers out. Never give up ! The perfect male however, just ain't out there IMO (nor the perfect female). Some compromise is always needed.

:) lol thanks everyone.
I like the Venn diagram idea! or like a yes/no flow diagram to filter potential suitors!
Yeah, I haven't sorted myself out yet, so I guess it will be a while until I can be with someone who has. A nice guy is good... but there has to be attraction too! ah... lots to look forward to.

Zryn said:
Attempt at interpreting:

I think the message being sent was fairly straightforward, and this position is not unique, men are all bastards and women are all bitches. Congratulations to the people who haven't thought along this line at some point in their life!

Everyone wants to punch above their weight, but realistically, see what aabottom said earlier:

I like the way people derided the poster for not being capable in English too, that was super classy, good work!
Before every thing I want every one to know I am not against woman, I like them I approciate them I have girl friends and this is nothing but expressing my opinion.

Dear Zryn, thankyou so much for your message and your interpreting which 's very much what I wants to say, except of the word (bitches). People like you Zryn are the majority in the leader western communities.by this kind of people being tolerant and trying to understand othors and all the great behaviour and valeus which are dominated in the West are inspired all the globe. Thankyou again.
I am so sorry for my english level and mestakes but very much more sorry for persons whome did reactyed in the total opposit of Zryn or any civilised gentlman.Person whom I am convinced are the marge of the civilised communities.
My idea was greatly described by the generous interpreter, yet I want to clearfy some points to nucleargirl and the Davinci guys :
- I did nt mean by poems what you supposed and beleived I meant , By saying (the poem ) I mean when you say ( guys are the joy of life and I can not live without them). Yes in did and fact it is not structure of poem but the sens in it is no defferent than the meaning of very long poems.When we describe some one by good thing that is a poem even if we do not say it like poems. I think Poems are a universal issue and I understand it as you do my friends.
-Saying that the man can not be the mouse, since he is the stronger one and he rather should be described as the cat .Ok every one is free to believe what he likes.
I think only persons with knoledge in life know that a man never chooses his girl.If you go to a woman and she accepts you .......befor you go to her she already wanted you and with no signs from her you never dare getting close!, and if you dare she probably refuses or hesitate or accapets regarding some circomtances.There is a word said here in my town ( you're lucky once if your son is picked by a good woman, you're lucky twice if your dauther picks good guy ).

I do not want this conversation to turn against girls,or against those believing they control every thing .I only want to say that the appearance leader in the relationship is the man while the actual and the eal leader is the woman: from their first meeting until their separation or their end of life.There is not problem with that when I wrote ( you girls are playnig us like cats and mice) I meant the reality:how many high school girls never had sex? how many boy friend they knew?.I do not about men in the west but I am sure whatevr the rate they do sex in their High school age it will be much less than what girls do.Girls have the command they walk and you follow the smell after that you are up and she is down you think you won and you are in command .Few days she is with a new guy and you are looking for any othor girl mostly you find her after hard effort and again she is in command.
By the way I did live some hard moment (like many of men and woman),.even i think love should never be descibed as a forest I assure to you -my friend Dave426913- Inever hit branches in the way of love , even if I prefer that than walkign blind till falling into huge hill.

Last edited:
ah! that makes so much more sense now physiqueper4! I totally didnt get your first post before, even with Zryn's interpretation. Yeah I kinda see what you mean - women do the choosing, and it makes sense biologically! becasue we are the ones putting in the most effort giving birth and being mother etc, whereas guys can kinda just... well leave. But then you get the guys who are good fathers, dependable, breadwinners and looks after the family, and in this case they are the ones doing the choosing and girls flock to them cos they are hard to find and will put in just as much effort into the life-long relationship as the woman if not more.

and yes, it is a poem! in the abstract sense I guess, it is poetic at least cos it expresses feelings at a plain and basic level! haha... I flatter myself.

The problem, physiqueper4, is that you generalize. You have your experiences to go on and you assume that the rest of the world works the way it did for you. When you predict how the rest of the world is, it says little about reality but a lot about yourself. Your diatribe is revealing about your experience with relationships.

Hello, isn't there any moderator for this forum? This type of post should not be allowed.
nucleargirl, you should be looking for some dating web site.

Manojg said:
Hello, isn't there any moderator for this forum? This type of post should not be allowed.

What's wrong with "this type of post"?

Manojg said:

This is the relationships forum, where "this type of post" is quite acceptable.

I'm sizzling.

Attachments

• dave.jpg
    dave.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 478
Manojg said:

ah chill out man! read the rest of the thread, its actually pretty entertaining! and not just for me. nah, too scared to meet anyone from a dating site in real life!

I hear that the main discussion items of dating sites is TV soaps, coupling is obviously about checking compatability which TV series to see.

So indeed, partner hunting can better be done here.

Attitude is important. More so than the "hotness" factor. Guy falls for a girl and thinks "I hope she never changes". Girl settles on a guy and thinks "I can change him".

This might seem a bit odd, but someone I know just saw this thread... and I don't think they are happy about it. So... I should make this clear: I might have been half serious when I started this thread, but now it is mostly for entertainment, and I think I should stop before anyone gets hurt.
Thanks for all the comments guys! It was fun.
So, I won't be posting anymore on this thread, but I'm sure there are other girls looking for hot guys too, and doesn't have to be only girls either! ok, so the thread is yours!

nucleargirl said:
ah chill out man! read the rest of the thread, its actually pretty entertaining! and not just for me. nah, too scared to meet anyone from a dating site in real life!

I've used dating websites, and you can meet some really wonderful, attractive, totally bat-**** insane people! Joking aside, the trick to internet dating it getting over the stigma of it and not being afraid to let yourself get attached.

nucleargirl said:
This might seem a bit odd, but someone I know just saw this thread... and I don't think they are happy about it.

Hey congrats! Where did you meet him? :wink:

DaveC426913 said:
The problem, physiqueper4, is that you generalize. You have your experiences to go on and you assume that the rest of the world works the way it did for you. When you predict how the rest of the world is, it says little about reality but a lot about yourself. Your diatribe is revealing about your experience with relationships.

Hear, hear.

I won't say that he doesn't have some reasonable postulations which are at least partially true, but his attempt to declare all things are as his experience believes is more than faintly annoying.

FlexGunship said:
I've used dating websites, and you can meet some really wonderful, attractive, totally bat-**** insane people!

In other words, it's just like real life!

Joking aside, the trick to internet dating it getting over the stigma of it and not being afraid to let yourself get attached.

Whoa! I first read that is, "not being afraid to let yourself get attacked." :eek:

Dang that happens a lot these days...I know I need reading glasses but I hate them :mad:!

Lichdar said:
Hear, hear.

I won't say that he doesn't have some reasonable postulations which are at least partially true, but his attempt to declare all things are as his experience believes is more than faintly annoying.
There should be some thing going rong in your minds lichdar and Div;
first, you div are trying to juge me, say what kind of persons I am, what life I had, how I do I think, ... ..exactly if you are my best friend or one of my parents. All this while you're siting after your computer .Congratulations Mr powerful Medium!.The problem is, you did not try to understand what I am saying, prefering to make irony of my english, showing desrepect to what I am trying to say and even preguge it as " animportant and non valuble" only because you do not like it. you say I generalise, so what? do not you have arguments to descussion othor than making irony and personal attack?
I do not know what is so annoying Lichdar, is it having some one not from the region who is expressing some ideas in this forum?, well I do not think people who created this site or the majority of vistors think the same way you do.

I think Nuclear girl has made it very clear that she agrees with me .she is a girl and she certainly knows more about girls than me and you Dave.
We arespeaking about very specific issu and you say ' the world', please let your mind know that the worl is very much bigger.

physiqueper4 - responding to you almost doesn't seem worth it as you seem to be so emotionally involved in a limited limited perspective, but for the sake of being a good sport, I'll try a bit.

The simple fact is that your thesis is wrong, and the language you use to express it is more than slightly frightening. As we see it, your thesis is that women are the 'actual leader of relationships' and that 'women are the sole deciders of their mates.' I was giving you some validity to your points, but since you've decided to dimiss everything we've said, I'll go ahead and eviscerate those points.

1) Women are the actual leader in relationships.

That's not true, even if all the other points stated or implied in your post are to be taken as valid. Accepting for a moment that women are more primarily the 'pull' member in initiation relationships - in that they pull attention to themselves as part of their effort to setup relationships: they broadcast signals of availability and then hope for the attention of men - this isn't always true, but it is a traditional model, and often valid.

This is also the context that you seem to work from.

Your argument further elaborates that since it is less effort for them to find another mate, they have more power in overall relationships. On a surface level and in some cases, it may seem true: assuming that it is easier for them to simply find another mate, they are less invested in present relationships or in overall relationship dynamics(easier for them to just find another mate), and therefore within the context of a stable relationship, they must have more influence as they can more easily switch partners.

This is untrue, however, even when the initial postulation is to be accepted as entirely true. First, while it may seem that it is easier for them to find another mate, it is also genetically a higher investment for them to actually commit to one. Once committed, the principle of sunk cost tends to avoid switching. We can see this in practice, for example, women are generally observed to have a higher emphasis on commitment and stability - noticeably, even in abusive relationships. This tendency to commitment may be considered the second posulation.

Accepting both the first and second postulations to be true, both which have empirical as well as biological evidence, while women may have an easier time finding a relationship, once investment in one, they also work harder to maintain it and must maintain it for better stability. If anything, then, the costs of switching are higher for them and more than overbalances the increased relationship mobility they might have.

There is a LOT more to explore on this, such as the actual difference in value versus the sexes on simply having sex: women have a far easier time on accomplishing it, but the overall sociological and biological value is less than that of males. All in all, though, your argument that "women want guys for status, sex or money" is no more true than "guys just want girls for sex" and your belief that 'women are the real leaders" is patently ridiculous.

2) Women are the sole deciders of their mates

The very most that can be concede is that women tend to be pull attention in their relational marketing, while men are expected to push attention in their relationship marketing. Your statement that 'you would not dare approach a girl unless she has already shown interest' is going to be plainly dismissed by myself from personal experience; my present girlfriend had no interest in a relationship and I have a very general tendency to hit on a lot of girls with entirely decent success. You can /create/ interest in an uninterested girl quite often - this can be plainly seen in marketing where advertisements create interest in a product from uninterested potential customers. Certainly you can't sell your Hoover to every single person, but the potential of creating interest from where there was few or none is definitely there.

I'll end this with an ancedotal story from my own life on how that exactly happened, and with a girl that you might consider as having extremely high attraction/selection value. At the time, J was a tangential friend of mine that I knew through her boyfriend - she was extremely young(only 15) when I knew her, and her romantic relationship was entirely emotional with him. I was quite a bit older than her and had no interest in her at the time at all either, obviously. By the time that she was 17 when her boyfriend dumped her, however, I began to see her in a rather different light; it was also fully legal in the UK then with her, which helped.

She had just broken up with her boyfriend and I offered console/support for a short time, but also having an interest in her, began to more or less subtly bring up sexual topics to discuss with her. Having already become comfortable with me, she accepted it and I maintained it for a week or so while steadily suggesting to discuss increasingly harder/more sexual topics with her. One thing led to another and we eventually had quite a lovely time together for several months and she's still a good friend; but from a girl who was entirely a tangential friend who could have chosen dozens of boys, I was able to seal a relationship with her despite her complete lack of interest in the beginning.

Consider that in your 'world', if you wish.

You sure physiqueper4 isn't takin the piss?

I think he's pretty passionate about his worldview and possibly quite young. He also gets very angry when people disagree with him, I notice.

Dear Lichdar,
Let every person who is getting into this site juge that.By the way , feel sorry about this very long 'thing 'you rote since starting it by humilation made me not read it.Let othor visitors read it -Probably they will never come back!
If there is a black image it should be yours

And, yes i am probably very young let say about 22?, or 26?.Come on ...i am 19.
you are the ones with huge experience in life, by the way when Iwe speak to an othor one, we write to him directly, it is very non courageuos and very unpolite to use the 'he is' while speaking of some one while you could use ' you are'.
congratulations, Lechdar,!

Yes, it is abundantly clear now that it is I who has issues with anger and am entirely incapable of utilizing logic with clarity and coherence. My assessment that it wasn't worth the time to reply to you was wholly incorrect, and I have discovered much fruitful and interesting information from you.

-exeunt, pursued by a bear

physiqueper4: if you want to gain some respect, stop complaining about how you are being treated and defend your arguments. Contrary to what it might seem, we here on PF care far less about bad English than we do about good arguments.

So make some. So far, you've stated your personal opinions. We claim that those appear to be personal bias. Convince us why it is not so.

turbo-1 said:
Attitude is important. More so than the "hotness" factor. Guy falls for a girl and thinks "I hope she never changes". Girl settles on a guy and thinks "I can change him".

Haha, so true!

DaveC426913 said:
physiqueper4: if you want to gain some respect, stop complaining about how you are being treated and defend your arguments. Contrary to what it might seem, we here on PF care far less about bad English than we do about good arguments.

So make some. So far, you've stated your personal opinions. We claim that those appear to be personal bias. Convince us why it is not so.

Life and timemy friend ,only those two -if you have enough of-, are what will convince youI know you assume that i lived some mesurable experience.actually I live in hapiness and always have -thanx god-, I only know why i am happy and approciate it becuase I know what could happen and I know not every one is in the same condition .i know how life is because i listen carfully and look with real interest not because I passed through some thing. I hope you find happiness too and I wish you never get convinced,at least not by a personal experience.

Last edited:
He's one hot guy. :biggrin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ0M9CBEkw0

or will be in 18 years.