Thermo Help for Exam: Textbook Examples & Problems

In summary, the conversation is about preparing for a Thermo exam tomorrow. The person has been working through textbook examples and is looking for additional problems and hints. The exam will mainly cover chapter 3, which focuses on finding properties of ideal gases using steam tables, such as pressure, temperature, specific volume, and work. The person is also wondering when to use compression tables versus steam tables, as they both give the same values but steam tables are more accurate. They apologize for posting in the wrong section and ask for any help.
PhysicsGod
Hey, i have a Thermo exam tomorrow, and I've been working through the textbook examples and problems, and i was wondering if anyone here had some helpful problems for me to work out or any general hints or anything.

Our textbook is the 7th edition of moran shaprio thermo and the exam is mainly over chapter 3, which is basically finding all of the properties such as pressure, temp, specific volume, work, and such of ideal gases, like r-22, ammonia and others through the use of steam tables.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Also i apologize if this is in the wrong section, i wasn't sure where to put it.

Science news on Phys.org
Also, i guess a question i have is when to use the compression tables vs the steam tables? They both give the same values, but the steam tables are more accurate, and it seems that the steam tables can be used whenever the compression can, so why would i want to use the compression table approach?

1. What is thermodynamics?

Thermodynamics is the branch of science that deals with the relationships between heat, energy, and work.

2. How can I use thermodynamics to solve exam problems?

Thermodynamics can be used to analyze and solve problems related to heat transfer, energy conversion, and other thermodynamic processes. By understanding the basic principles and equations of thermodynamics, you can apply them to various examples and problems in your textbook.

3. What are some common examples of thermodynamics problems in textbooks?

Some common examples of thermodynamics problems in textbooks include calculating the efficiency of a heat engine, determining the final temperature of a system after a heat transfer, and analyzing the energy balance in a closed system.

4. Is it important to understand thermodynamics for my exam?

Yes, understanding thermodynamics is essential for success in any science or engineering exam that involves energy, heat, or work. It is a fundamental concept that is used in various fields of study.

5. How can I prepare for my thermodynamics exam using textbook examples and problems?

The best way to prepare for your thermodynamics exam is by practicing textbook examples and problems. Make sure to understand the fundamental principles and equations, and then work through various problems to reinforce your understanding. You can also create your own practice problems based on the examples in your textbook.