Pseudo Random Sequence Generator

In summary, to set the initial state of the Pseudo Random Sequence Generator using a 74LS74 D-flipflop, you can use the clear and preset enable inputs. These inputs are active LOW, so you can momentarily set one of them LOW to set the output to the desired state. This information can be found on the datasheet of the 74LS74, where you can also find a FUNCTION TABLE for reference. Additionally, you can refer to other online resources for more information on using the preset-enable and clear inputs.
challarao
1.How to set the initial state of the Pseudo Random Sequence Generator?

2. I'm using 74LS74 D-flipflop.I'm unclear how to use clear and preset enable inputs to set the initial sequence.

3. I tried doing the experiment by directly giving the 0001 sequence through respective D-flipflop's preset inputs.But, I came to know that preset enable inputs, without clock input can be used to give asynchronous input.But, I didn't get any clear idea about how to set any initial sequence for this.Please help me...Please give some reference links...I googled but no direct material is available...My problem lies in not knowing using the preset-enable and clear inputs of 74LS74...please tell how to do that...

Physics news on Phys.org
According to the datasheet http://www.datasheetsite.com/extpdf.php?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tranzistoare.ro%2Fdatasheets2%2F68%2F68908_1.pdf the PRESET and CLEAR controls are active LOW. Momentarily set one or the other LOW to set Q to what you need. See the FUNCTION TABLE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for reply...
I have seen that and it's working now...

What is a Pseudo Random Sequence Generator?

A Pseudo Random Sequence Generator (PRSG) is a mathematical algorithm that produces a sequence of numbers that appear to be random, but are actually generated using a deterministic process. This means that the numbers are not truly random, but they have properties that make them useful for simulations, statistical analysis, and other applications.

How does a Pseudo Random Sequence Generator work?

A PRSG uses a starting point, called a seed, to generate a sequence of numbers. Each number in the sequence is calculated based on the previous number using a specific formula. The formula is designed to produce a sequence of numbers that have statistical properties similar to truly random numbers, such as being evenly distributed and independent from one another.

What is the difference between a Pseudo Random Sequence Generator and a True Random Number Generator?

A True Random Number Generator (TRNG) uses physical processes, such as atmospheric noise or radioactive decay, to generate truly random numbers. A PRSG, on the other hand, uses a deterministic algorithm to produce numbers that only appear to be random. While a TRNG is considered more secure and unpredictable, a PRSG is faster and more practical for many applications.

What are the limitations of a Pseudo Random Sequence Generator?

Since a PRSG is based on a deterministic algorithm, it is possible to predict the sequence of numbers if the seed and algorithm are known. This means that the numbers are not truly random and can be vulnerable to attacks. Additionally, PRSGs have a finite period, meaning that the sequence will eventually repeat itself. This can be a problem for long simulations or other applications that require a large number of random numbers.

What are some common applications of a Pseudo Random Sequence Generator?

PRSGs are commonly used in simulations, statistical analysis, cryptography, and other fields where a large number of random numbers are needed. They are also used in computer graphics and animation to create natural-looking movements and patterns. PRSGs are also used in gambling and lotteries, although they are not considered truly random and can be exploited by skilled players.