Old Physicsforums: Find Funny Old Threads

• Thread starter Andy
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the possibility of accessing old threads on Physics Forums. A user suggests becoming a PF Contributor and purchasing an archive CD to access versions 1 and 2 of the forum. Another user asks for help finding a specific thread about American stereotypes and is directed to a link. The conversation ends with a mention of premium members being able to access time warps to view older content.
Andy
Does anybody know if there is a way of going back to the origional physicsforums in the time before greg revamped it? I have been looking for some funny old threads but can't find them.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yep, you can become a PF Contributor and get the archive CD. PF versions 1 and 2 are on it.

Dammit, but mommy will only pay for one of her sons memberships! Don't suppose you would be able to find the thread about american stereotypes that was started by entropy? I have searched many an hour for it but never have anyluck.

Premium members receive time warps that go - or + ~100 years. You can see a lot of the old PF wit- oops, that was a secret... :redface:

hmmm, i always remembered that thread as being funnier. Thanks Guys and gals.

1. What is "Old Physicsforums"?

Old Physicsforums is a section of the popular online forum, Physicsforums, where users can browse and discuss old threads that were posted before a certain date.

2. How can I access "Old Physicsforums"?

To access Old Physicsforums, you can click on the "Old Physicsforums" button on the main page of the forum. This will take you to a page where you can browse and search for old threads.

3. Why would I want to browse old threads on "Old Physicsforums"?

Browsing old threads on Old Physicsforums can be a fun and nostalgic activity for long-time users of the forum. It can also be a useful resource for finding past discussions and information on specific topics.

4. Are there any rules or guidelines for posting on "Old Physicsforums"?

Yes, the same rules and guidelines for posting on Physicsforums apply to Old Physicsforums. This includes being respectful and following the forum's code of conduct.

5. Can I still participate in discussions on "Old Physicsforums"?

No, Old Physicsforums is strictly for browsing and searching old threads. If you would like to participate in discussions, you can do so on the main Physicsforums section.