MacKichan Scientific Notebook: Forcing Math/Text

• Thread starter Crom!
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Scientific
In summary, the individual is experiencing frustration with having to continuously switch between Text and Math modes while using a specific software. They are seeking guidance on how to make it permanently stay in Math mode until they choose to switch back. Another person suggests using the LaTeX system and provides instructions on how to switch between math environments.
Crom!
Hey crew,

Playing around with the aforementioned software and I am finding myself becoming agitated that I am continually having to switch between Text and Math.

Hit enter, and its back to Text. What I want to do is make it Math always until I decide to toggle. Not sure if this is possible but on the chance that it is, I would be indebited if someone could enlighten me on the procedure for making it so.

Cheers,

Computer science news on Phys.org
well, you can use the LaTeX system. then you just type out the markup and you decided when you want to be in a math environment or not by using $math formula$ for inline and $$math formula$$ for display mode.

Ctrl-M will get you right back into math mode.

1. What is MacKichan Scientific Notebook?

MacKichan Scientific Notebook is a software program that allows users to create and edit mathematical documents using a combination of mathematical notation and regular text. It is commonly used by scientists, engineers, and researchers for writing technical documents.

2. How does MacKichan Scientific Notebook handle mathematical equations?

MacKichan Scientific Notebook uses a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) interface, meaning that users can enter mathematical equations and symbols directly into the document and the program will display them correctly. It also has a built-in equation editor for more complex equations and symbols.

3. Can I integrate text and math in the same document using MacKichan Scientific Notebook?

Yes, MacKichan Scientific Notebook allows users to seamlessly integrate regular text and mathematical equations in the same document. This makes it a powerful tool for creating scientific reports, research papers, and other technical documents.

4. Does MacKichan Scientific Notebook have a spell check feature?

Yes, MacKichan Scientific Notebook has a built-in spell check feature that can check both regular text and mathematical equations for spelling errors. It also has a dictionary of mathematical symbols and terms to ensure accuracy in technical writing.

5. Can I export my documents from MacKichan Scientific Notebook to other software programs?

Yes, MacKichan Scientific Notebook allows users to export their documents to various file formats, including PDF, HTML, and Microsoft Word. This makes it easy to share documents with others who may not have the software or to integrate them into presentations or reports.