High ouput power voltage using half bridge resonant

by akbibi
Tags: bridge, ouput, power, resonant, voltage
Share this thread:
akbibi
Apr21-14, 09:53 AM
P: 3
Hi

Im doing a project based on half bridge converter of IR2153 which could produce a high output voltage using the LTspice simulation by means of half bridge topology. Well, im just wondering as the volatge across the two capacitors that is pointed in the image shown wasnt give half the volatge source as stated in the theory of half bridge voltage source inverter. Can someone point me out and explain why the volatge across these two capacitor was not Vs/2? Does it something to do with some interference produced by the transformer in the cicuit? Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2014-04-21 at 7.53.31 PM.png  
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
A spray-on light show on four wheels: Darkside Scientific
Research project on accident-avoiding vehicle concluded
Smaller artificial magnetic conductors allow for more compact antenna hardware
Windadct
Apr21-14, 10:10 AM
P: 572
Trace what happens as M1 and M2 are alternately switched on / off. ALL of the current for the transformer comes from where?
akbibi
Apr21-14, 10:44 AM
The diagram below shows the voltage measured from the gate of M1 and M2. The blue graph and the green graph is the voltage in M1 and M2 respectively. The current supplied is basically comes from the main supply which is translated to DC voltage by means of capacitor and resistor connected labelled C1 and R1 from my understanding. Correct me if im wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2014-04-21 at 11.16.45 PM.png  

Windadct
Apr21-14, 11:25 AM
High ouput power voltage using half bridge resonant

Sorry I think you misunderstood.... in the 1st post - follow the circuit and think about what happens to the caps - as the MOSFETs are turned on and off?
akbibi
Apr21-14, 11:30 AM
I am bit confused at the moment. what do you mean by the caps?
Windadct
Apr24-14, 07:09 AM
Back from Travels... But your OP queries "explain why the volatge across these two capacitor was not Vs/2"

What happens to these - when the MOSFETS turn on and off.

Register to reply