I AM staring at a reflection of myself.

• Thread starter DeadWolfe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Reflection
In summary, the reflection in a mirror is caused by the law of reflection, which states that light reflects off a smooth surface at the same angle it hits the surface. This results in a reversed image in the mirror because the light bounces back to our eyes at the same angle. Your reflection moves when you move because the angle of the light hitting the mirror changes. Different mirrors and lighting can also affect how you see yourself in the mirror, and your reflection can be distorted if there are obstructions or the mirror is not perfectly smooth or flat.
DeadWolfe
That's IT.

And by that I means THIS.

Physics news on Phys.org
Were you intending to attach something?

franz is so confused that he's talking about himself in the third person now.

kinky.

You have some little squiggly lines under your post. Those are bugging me. Could you wipe your screen, please.

zoobyshoe said:
You have some little squiggly lines under your post. Those are bugging me. Could you wipe your screen, please.

how about some rainbows :cool:

~~~Squiggle~~~

Okay. Is this the nut thread, or no rly?

What causes the reflection in a mirror?

The reflection in a mirror is caused by the law of reflection. This law states that when light hits a smooth surface, it reflects off at the same angle it hit the surface. In the case of a mirror, the smooth surface is made of a highly reflective material, such as glass or metal, which causes the light to bounce back and create a reflection.

Why do I see a reversed image in the mirror?

The reversed image in the mirror is a result of the law of reflection. As the light bounces off the mirror, it reflects back to our eyes, creating the image we see. However, the image is reversed because the light reflects off the mirror at the same angle it hit the surface, which results in a flipped image.

Why does my reflection move when I move?

Your reflection moves when you move because light travels in a straight line and reflects off the mirror at the same angle it hits the surface. This means that as you move, the angle at which the light hits the mirror changes, causing your reflection to move accordingly.

Why do I look different in different mirrors?

The reason you may look different in different mirrors is due to the quality and type of mirror. Mirrors with different levels of smoothness or curvature can distort your reflection. Additionally, the lighting in the room can also affect how you see yourself in the mirror.

Can my reflection ever be different from what I see in the mirror?

Yes, your reflection can be different from what you see in the mirror. Mirrors can only reflect what is in front of them, so if there is something blocking your view, your reflection may not be accurate. Additionally, if the mirror is curved or warped in any way, it can also distort your reflection.