Solving a Problem using Superposition Theorem

In summary, please use Superposition theorem to calculate the voltage, current, and power through Resistor R9. The solution can be found by short-circuiting two of the sources and using loop or node analysis, or by considering the series and parallel connections to calculate the resulting resistance and working backwards to find the current in R9.
aryan_coc
Please solve this problem using Superpotion theorem

Homework Statement

‐ Calculate the voltage, current & power through Resistor R9.
‐ Test & Simulation results by using superposition theorem by using ECADtool.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• Qstn.pdf
    165.9 KB · Views: 235
Physics news on Phys.org
aryan_coc said:
Please solve this problem using Superpotion theorem
No, you solve it. (Show your work and you'll get help. :smile:)

Doc Al said:
No, you solve it. (Show your work and you'll get help. :smile:)

Please, it's bit urgent and I am a computer engineer, i don't have much knowledge about this.
regards

aryan_coc said:
Please, it's bit urgent and I am a computer engineer, i don't have much knowledge about this.
regards
The guidelines clearly prohibit us providing complete solutions or helping you until you have posted an attempted solution, or at the very least, your thoughts.

I appreciate that you are a compute engineer, but surely in your course you must have had to attend at least an introductory course on circuitry.

I have read about superposition theorem and i know serial & parallel connetcions

for SP theorem, i should shortcircut the other connetcions and do the calculation, at the end sum everything together, but my question is,

do i need to conider the loops,
if i close v2 & v3 and find total currecnt using v1 only. where should i strat from .

if you can give me a solution with V1 only, il try myself for the rest.

please guide me, I am not asking for spoon feeding, please give me a guideleine...

aryan_coc said:
I have read about superposition theorem and i know serial & parallel connetcions

for SP theorem, i should shortcircut the other connetcions and do the calculation, at the end sum everything together, but my question is,

do i need to conider the loops,
if i close v2 & v3 and find total currecnt using v1 only. where should i strat from .

if you can give me a solution with V1 only, il try myself for the rest.

please guide me, I am not asking for spoon feeding, please give me a guideleine...

When you short-circuit two of the sources, all you have is one source and several resistors. You can use loop or node analysis or you can use your knowledge of series and parallel connections and calculate the resulting resistence. From that you can calculate the current delivered by the source and work backwords to calculate the current in R9.

1. What is Superposition Theorem?

Superposition Theorem is a method used to solve a circuit problem by breaking it down into smaller, simpler parts. It states that the total response of a linear circuit is equal to the sum of the responses caused by each individual source acting alone.

2. When should Superposition Theorem be used?

Superposition Theorem can be used to solve a problem in a linear circuit that contains multiple sources. It is most effective when the circuit has many sources and the output needs to be determined for each source separately.

3. What are the steps to solve a problem using Superposition Theorem?

The steps for using Superposition Theorem are as follows:

1. Disable all but one independent source in the circuit.
  2. Calculate the output for that source using any method (Kirchhoff's laws, Ohm's law, etc.).
  3. Repeat for each independent source.
  4. Add all the individual outputs together to get the total output for the circuit.

4. What are the limitations of Superposition Theorem?

Superposition Theorem can only be used for linear circuits, meaning that the components in the circuit must have a linear relationship between voltage and current. It also cannot be used for circuits with dependent sources.

5. How do I know if Superposition Theorem is the best method to solve a circuit problem?

If the circuit has multiple sources and the output needs to be determined for each individual source, Superposition Theorem is likely the best method to use. However, if the circuit contains dependent sources or nonlinear components, another method may be more suitable.