What are the rules for immigration into Japan?

• Thread starter plus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Japan
In summary, the Japanese should have the right to let whoever they want into their country, but they should change their racist laws against the native Ainu population.
Nereid said:
Of course there were times when the Emperor had no interest in events outside his empire (other than to defend the frontiers).}
That would actually be the majority of it's history. Asians tend to be very reserved. Something I believe is true even today.

Physics news on Phys.org
And in Canada there aren't Asians that tend to live life the Canadian way?

In Canada, Asians can survive quite successfully without losing their culture at all. Take Richmond, British Columbia for example.

It's basically a more spacious Hong Kong. There are Chinese writings everywhere, even on the McDonalds. It's known as "China Town 2", except a lot nicer.

This is a reason why Canada is a place full of different cultures. As opposed to another Country known as "The Great Melting Pot." It's not hard to keep Asian culture at all in Ontario and B.C.

Besides, Quebec is vastly different than the rest of Canada, so I wouldn't really call those Asians completely, "Canadianized". At least you didn't ask me about Americanized Asians.

:rolleyes:

Only 4,000 Koreans in the entire providence of Quebec. How many could you possibly run into?

Unless those 4000 Koreans speak fluent French, they'd be found in Montreal with the rest of the immigrants and English speakers.

Montreal is the city where most of the English speakers are. There is a lot of debate going on between the native French speakers and the Quebecois that welcome new cultures.

Wikipedia:
As with all major North American cities, however, a great number of people have a different first language from the majority. About 18.4% of the population of the Greater Montreal Area are of allophone mother tongue and 13.8% are native anglophone. On the island of Montreal, the percentage of anglophones rises to 18.8% while that of allophones reaches 27.7%. A majority of allophones speak French or English as a second language. A May 2004 survey noted that 53% of the people in Montreal speak both French and English, while 37% speak only French and 7% speak only English.

Unless the Korean you are referring to speaks great French, he'll have extreme difficulties outside of Montreal.

BlackVision said:
That would actually be the majority of it's history. Asians tend to be very reserved. Something I believe is true even today.
That seems to be an unambiguous assertion (actually two) - overlooking the typo ("it's" = "it is", or "it has", or "it was"; none of which make sense here, but "its" does).

Please provide support for the first assertion.

:rofl:

You would not believe the errors that MS-word thesaurus induces about "its" and "it's"

BlackVision said:
You know absolutely nothing about Asia's history do you?

BlackVision said:
As far as China, they were extraordinarily closed door. Europeans have on many occassions throughout history tried to have open trades with China, only for China to more often than not shut the door on them.
More often than not? That is extraordinary, isn't it!

China also never really bothered to explore the world around them because they believed everything they needed was right there inside their own country.
You are dreaming. If you have a point, you sure do not know how to make it.

I do not know of a country that China really intermingled with in it's history. Except maybe to fight wars with. China, like other Asian countries, really kept to themselves.
India. Tibet. Mongolia. Korea. Vietnam. United States.

Japan was also very closed door but finally did open it's door in the 1800s. Not because they really wanted to but because they realized if they were going to be an economically and militarily powerful country, they needed to open trades with the West. And that is exactly what happened.
Of the thousands of pages that you discovered available to read on the Internat, you picked the wrong one to read and base your garbage on. Japan did not welcome Commodore Perry because they realized that they wanted to do anything. You don't understand what happened at all, do you? Your entire premise is rubbish. Half of the Japanese language when Japane opened its door, as you say, is based on Chinese, as is the Japanese writing system. Where did Buddhism come from? Japan interacted with these neighbors. Japan tried to interact with the Europeans, but the Tokugawa realized that trade was not all that was on the mind of the "traders".

You know absolutely nothing about Asia's history do you? But you sure do like to pretend. What, did you read some article on the Internet, and that qualifies you to pretend that you know more than everyone else and that they know nothing? Are you in elementary school? Perhaps I should tell your mommy what you are doing.

Dagenais said:
Unless those 4000 Koreans speak fluent French, they'd be found in Montreal with the rest of the immigrants and English speakers.
4,000 in a city the size of Montreal is still extraordinarily small don't you think? A fraction of a percentage.

Nereid said:
That seems to be an unambiguous assertion (actually two) - overlooking the typo ("it's" = "it is", or "it has", or "it was"; none of which make sense here, but "its" does).
Are you going for the Evo tactic once she loses a debate?

Please provide support for the first assertion.
I already have.

Prometheus said:
More so than you apparently.

You are dreaming. If you have a point, you sure do not know how to make it.
Oh really? Please give a list of countries where China has had strong diplomatic ties with in it's history. Good luck.

India. Tibet. Mongolia. Korea. Vietnam. United States.
Right because these are similar to the relationships England, France, and Germany has had throughout their history.

Are you in elementary school? Perhaps I should tell your mommy what you are doing.
Moderator feel free to delete this post as well.
:biggrin:

Please stop the childish I know more than you games.

China, Korea and Japan are all three very different countries: it isn't that strange that they have their own identity.
BlackVision said:
Not more so than calling Korean, Chinese or Japanese. Koreans are deeply offended if they're mistaken for Chinese or Japanese.
What happens if you call a Canadian American? A Dutchman Belgian? I got called American and I didn't like it. On the otherhand I worked with Korean, Japanese and Chinese guys in a single lab and there never was any friction between them.

The topic of the thread is about immigration into Japan: does anyone know what the rules are to be able to immigrate? For the US there is a point system: if you have a technical profession background you get extra points to enter, among other things. The US also uses a system that limits the number of visa applications per country: the Chinese restriction 2 yrs ago was a big stir-up.