Any good reverse image search engine out there?

In summary, there is a desire for a website similar to tineye.com, where users can upload an image and find other similar images from other websites. This is not necessarily for face recognition, but rather to find higher resolution versions or the original source of the image. However, tineye.com has limited indexed images, leading to fewer results. There is speculation on when Google may offer similar features, potentially through acquiring tineye.com.
where_the
I am looking for something on the lines of this - http://www.tineye.com/ .

i.e a site where one uploads an image and it gives back similar images from other websites.
(note - I am not asking for face recognition or similar thing , that I guess would be a big demand . I just wanted to find images of higher resolutions or original source of the image which I have.)

tineye.com is pretty good fun but it has indexed relatively few images so it gives back few results.

any idea when google will bring out such features?

Physics news on Phys.org
where_the said:
any idea when google will bring out such features?

The day the will buy tineye.

1. What is a reverse image search engine?

A reverse image search engine is a tool that allows you to search for images based on an image rather than text. This means you can upload an image or provide a URL to an image and the search engine will find similar images or provide information about the image.

2. How does a reverse image search engine work?

A reverse image search engine uses computer vision technology to analyze the visual features of an image and compare it to other images in its database. It looks for similarities in color, shape, size, and other visual elements to find matches.

3. What are the benefits of using a reverse image search engine?

There are several benefits to using a reverse image search engine. It can help you identify the source of an image, find higher resolution versions of an image, and discover visually similar images for design inspiration. It can also help you detect if an image has been altered or used without permission.

4. Are there any free reverse image search engines available?

Yes, there are several free reverse image search engines available, such as Google Images, TinEye, and Bing Visual Search. These search engines may have limited features compared to paid versions, but they can still be useful for basic image searches.

5. How accurate are reverse image search engines?

The accuracy of a reverse image search engine can vary depending on the quality of its database and the complexity of the image being searched. In general, they are quite accurate in finding visually similar images, but may struggle with more abstract or complex images. It's always best to try multiple search engines for the most accurate results.