Best Career for High School Grad w/ Math, Chem, Phys & C++

• Thread starter mrchair
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Career
In summary, your best course of action is to get into a school where you can develop a custom major to encompass those areas. when you get done, you'll figure out a career path.
mrchair
Hello! I'm a high school student that will graduate soon and I'm very good in Math, Chemistry, Physics, and Basic C++ Programming(A on all these subjects).

My question is what is the best course or career that I can take? My teachers told me to be an electrical engineer. Any advice?

Physics news on Phys.org
The best career is the one that interests you most.

It's really up to you. Do some research on potential majors, for example, electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, physics, math, mechanical engineering and other technical majors. University websites usually have a list of possible careers or career opportunities of individual majors, so I'd start with that.

your best course of action is to get into a school where you can develop a custom major to encompass those areas. when you get done, you'll figure out a career path.

mrchair said:
Hello! I'm a high school student that will graduate soon and I'm very good in Math, Chemistry, Physics, and Basic C++ Programming(A on all these subjects).

My question is what is the best course or career that I can take? My teachers told me to be an electrical engineer. Any advice?

Your teachers were very wise to tell you to become an electrical engineer. They likely realize we're in a crappy economy, (especially given their circumstance as high school faculty) and that electrical engineering, while still reconciling your love of math/natural science, will keep you in very good shape financially. I suggest you listen to them. Get an engineering/computer science B.S/E if you want to save yourself from disappointment later. Wish I had wise teachers like that back in high school..

Cyber

Thanks. So I guess I'll get electrical engineering.

Rather than take the advice of some random people on the internet, I would suggest that you job shadow an electrical engineer or two for a day so that you can see what the jobs within that profession really entail.

There is no single "best" career. The answer is different for everyone, and for some (most) people it will change through their lives. If you're not completely sure what you want to do, you may want to take a general year of science or engineering at university that will keep as many doors as possible open, and while you're doing that keep investigating. Once you've got a year of university under your belt, you might find that your true strengths narrow into one or two particular areas.

What options are available for a high school graduate with a strong background in math, chemistry, physics, and C++?

There are several career options that may be a good fit for someone with these skills. These include fields such as engineering, computer science, data analysis, finance, and research.

What skills and qualifications are necessary for a successful career in these fields?

In addition to strong math, chemistry, physics, and C++ skills, successful professionals in these fields typically also possess critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills. A strong foundation in science and technology is also important.

What type of education and training is required for these careers?

Most careers in these fields require at least a bachelor's degree in a related subject, such as engineering, computer science, or physics. Some positions may also require advanced degrees or additional certifications.

What are the job prospects and potential salary for these careers?

The job prospects for these careers are generally strong, with a high demand for skilled professionals in these fields. Salaries can vary depending on the specific job and location, but many positions offer competitive salaries and opportunities for advancement.

What advice would you give to a high school graduate considering a career in these fields?

I would recommend seeking out internships or other hands-on experiences in your area of interest to gain practical skills and knowledge. It's also important to continue learning and staying updated on new technologies and advancements in the field. Networking and building connections with professionals in the industry can also be beneficial.