PF Promotion: Thanks Kurdt and Welcome Micromass

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, Kurdt has retired from his role as PF Mentor after almost 3 years of dedicated service. He will now be enjoying the luxurious amenities of the PF retirement home. Micromass has been promoted to PF Mentor and is a well-deserved candidate due to his dedication to the community. Congratulations and welcome to the team, Micromass! Everyone expresses their gratitude and well wishes to Kurdt and excitement for Micromass. There is also some playful banter and jokes among the members.
Big thanks to Kurdt who has served PF well in his almost 3 years as PF Mentor. Kurdt will now gracefully enter the lavish PF retirement home decked with sauna, swimming pool, fitness gym, tennis court, beach side cabanas, 9 hole golf course, movie theater and of course a state of the art science lab. All jokes aside, thanks!

On a brighter note, we are promoting Micromass to PF Mentor. No surprises here as Micromass for a long time has shown dedication to the community in many forms! Welcome! Congrats!

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks Kurdt, and welcome Micromass!

Dang, I want to retire! (kidding!)

So sad to see you go Kurdt, please stop by to post, you will be missed by all.

Congrats Micromass, Supreme Onion!

(please don't ban me from chat, all those times were accidents..really!)

Last edited:
Sorry to see you retire Kurdt, don't be a stranger!

Welcome Micro!

Thank you, Kurdt, and congrats Micro!

MM gets a banning gun for chat! Yay!

And thanks Kurdt.

Thanks, Kurdt!

Welcome, micromass!

Thanks for your service, Kurdt!

Yay Micro :approve:!

Thank you, Kurdt!

Congratulations, Micromass! :smile:

Cheers Geordie lad (:biggrin:). Wish you all the best! :)

turbo said:
MM gets a banning gun for chat! Yay!

[catmode]... He has chat gun! :bugeye:[/catmode]

Evo, you're not allowing this, right? :eek:

I was wondering how long it would take before they would get you!
Congratulations micromass! :smile:

Thanks Kurdt.

drizzle said:
Cheers Geordie lad (:biggrin:). Wish you all the best! :)

[catmode]... He has chat gun! :bugeye:[/catmode]

Evo, you're not allowing this, right? :eek:
I will protect you Drizzle! Here, put on this invisible anti-ban cloak whenever you enter chat.

You were my first friend here IIRC Kurdt. I'll be tipping one for you tonight. Thank you sir.

Well deserved micromass. You've added much to PF. Congratulations.

Thanks a lot Kurdt for your efforts! I hope to be a worthy replacement. :smile:

Does Micromass have a dog?

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/4977/s8302850.jpg [Broken]
Kurdt & Freija​

I want to know if Freija ever lost her fear of seaweed.

and the chats we had...

It looks like very bad translations so many years later...
Feb 8th said:
Borek: were you handcuffed?
Andre: well it was 1957
Andre: I guess so
Kurdt: I was naughty in nursery once and was made to do a 100 piece puzzle as a punishment and finished it and got to watch TV with the rest of the kids
Andre: very good
turbo: A bigger older kid pushed me down and I got up and jumped on him and knocked him over. He hit his head on a rock (several times) and cried.
Kurdt: It was supposed to occupy the naughty kids for the rest of the day
Andre: lol
lisab: too funny
Andre: how did we get here?
Kurdt: chicken pox

The good old days. :smile:

May we all have many more. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
OmCheeto said:
Does Micromass have a dog?

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/4977/s8302850.jpg [Broken]
Kurdt & Freija​

I want to know if Freija ever lost her fear of seaweed.

and the chats we had...

It looks like very bad translations so many years later...

The good old days. :smile:

May we all have many more. :biggrin:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

At least we have memories. Thanks for that Om.

Last edited by a moderator:
micromass said:
Thanks a lot Kurdt for your efforts! I hope to be a worthy replacement. :smile:

How much do mentors get paid. :biggrin:

Jokes aside*, congrats micromass! Your advice has been some of my favorite on the forum, and you've helped me out a lot. Keep up the great advice!

*Unless they do, I would feel silly haha.

!"#¤% now I'm actually going to have to think about who to vote for in the math category of this year's member awards. As if I didn't have enough to think about already. :grumpy:

Enjoy retirement Kurdt :D

Congrats micro! Don't let the ban gun overheat :biggrin:

Thanks Kurdt for what you have done for PF! :)

Micro made it big now! Congrats micro! You deserve it! Now as an initiation, you must watch this surprise video! Watch it and endure it! :D

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Congrats micro!1111111111111 (In keeping with tradition, or was that only for birthdays)

Fredrik said:
!"#¤% now I'm actually going to have to think about who to vote for in the math category of this year's member awards. As if I didn't have enough to think about already. :grumpy:

Um...so mentors can't be nominated?

Ivan92 said:

Nice try, Ivan. Your other attempts were much better. You're getting sloppy. :wink:
mishrashubham said:
Um...so mentors can't be nominated?

Correct.

Ivan92 said:
Thanks Kurdt for what you have done for PF! :)

Micro made it big now! Congrats micro! You deserve it! Now as an initiation, you must watch this surprise video! Watch it and endure it! :D

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Here comes my first ban...

Fredrik said:
!"#¤% yet again. Now we mentors have to think about who is to fill the multiple gaps that this promotion has created in our candidates lists.

Nano-Passion said:
How much do mentors get paid. :biggrin:
Several times what you get paid as a regular member. Here's the PF salary formula: Denote the base salary paid to all regular members as $B. Homework helpers get paid $B×100; SAs, another factor of 100; mentors, yet another factor of 100. Multiply those factors and, yep, we mentors are paid a million times the puny salary that you receive (zero is an admittedly tiny salary by anyone's scale). The luxury life of a mentor is quite fantastic!

D H said:
Several times what you get paid as a regular member. Here's the PF salary formula: Denote the base salary paid to all regular members as $B. Homework helpers get paid $B×100; SAs, another factor of 100; mentors, yet another factor of 100. Multiply those factors and, yep, we mentors are paid a million times the puny salary that you receive (zero is an admittedly tiny salary by anyone's scale). The luxury life of a mentor is quite fantastic!
Erm...D H perhaps this isn't the best time to tell you that the rest of us get paid $10 per post. I thought you did too :blushing: awkward.

Ryan_m_b said:
Erm...D H perhaps this isn't the best time to tell you that the rest of us get paid $10 per post. I thought you did too :blushing: awkward.

$15 per ban

Greg Bernhardt said:
$15 per ban
Not to mention the tip jar button that I have next to my name on every post.

OmCheeto said:
chat at that BAUT place... emphasis on the BAD!

ROFL!

Thanks Kurdt, welcome Micromass!

Well done, Kurdt! Congrats, micromass! :smile:

Greg Bernhardt said:
$15 per ban
If I'm bad, do I get to stay gold without paying the $15 upgrade fee?

Thanks to Kurdt and congrats to Micromass!

congratulations micromass! let it be known that I was his friend wayy before he was officially cool...

Wow. Well-deserved, Micromass. I just noticed your new badge!

Do you get a hat along with the badge and (ban) gun?

Greg Bernhardt said:
$15 per ban

Aha I knew it! :bugeye: I'm be keeping an eye.

Ryan_m_b said:
Not to mention the tip jar button that I have next to my name on every post.

You guys are hilarious lmao.

D H said:

Wow! You guys must be living it big huh? I can imagine you people sipping the finest wine in your Jacuzzi with an array of women as you write these posts.

<h2>1. What is PF Promotion?</h2><p>PF Promotion is a process used in scientific research to identify and promote the most promising and innovative ideas and projects within a company or organization. It is a way to recognize and reward individuals or teams for their contributions to the field.</p><h2>2. Who is Kurdt and why is he being thanked?</h2><p>Kurdt is a scientist who has made significant contributions to the field and has been instrumental in promoting new ideas and projects. He is being thanked for his dedication and support in advancing scientific research and for his role in the PF Promotion process.</p><h2>3. Who is Micromass and why is he being welcomed?</h2><p>Micromass is a new scientist who has joined the team and has shown great potential and enthusiasm for scientific research. He is being welcomed as a new member of the team and is being recognized for his potential to contribute to the field.</p><h2>4. How does PF Promotion benefit the scientific community?</h2><p>PF Promotion benefits the scientific community by promoting and encouraging innovative ideas and projects, leading to advancements in the field. It also recognizes and rewards individuals or teams for their contributions, motivating them to continue their work and inspiring others to do the same.</p><h2>5. How are ideas and projects selected for PF Promotion?</h2><p>Ideas and projects are selected for PF Promotion through a rigorous evaluation process, which may include peer reviews, presentations, and evaluations by a panel of experts. The most promising and innovative ideas and projects are then chosen for promotion and recognition.</p>

1. What is PF Promotion?

PF Promotion is a process used in scientific research to identify and promote the most promising and innovative ideas and projects within a company or organization. It is a way to recognize and reward individuals or teams for their contributions to the field.

2. Who is Kurdt and why is he being thanked?

Kurdt is a scientist who has made significant contributions to the field and has been instrumental in promoting new ideas and projects. He is being thanked for his dedication and support in advancing scientific research and for his role in the PF Promotion process.

3. Who is Micromass and why is he being welcomed?

Micromass is a new scientist who has joined the team and has shown great potential and enthusiasm for scientific research. He is being welcomed as a new member of the team and is being recognized for his potential to contribute to the field.

4. How does PF Promotion benefit the scientific community?

PF Promotion benefits the scientific community by promoting and encouraging innovative ideas and projects, leading to advancements in the field. It also recognizes and rewards individuals or teams for their contributions, motivating them to continue their work and inspiring others to do the same.

5. How are ideas and projects selected for PF Promotion?

Ideas and projects are selected for PF Promotion through a rigorous evaluation process, which may include peer reviews, presentations, and evaluations by a panel of experts. The most promising and innovative ideas and projects are then chosen for promotion and recognition.

Back