Change logo to emphasize mission

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter jackmell
  • Start date
In summary, the man was using the donkey to transport his daughter while doing his best to make the journey as comfortable as possible for her. Different people had different opinions of how the man was travelling, but in the end, it was the daughter who was the one who suffered the most.
jackmell
Hi,

I've noticed the forum spends quite a lot of time maintaining serious discussions. Would if help if we explicitly stated that upon entry? For example, how about changing the logo to read:

Physics Form
A Place for Serious Scientific Discussion

That way there's no ambiguity about the mission here and anyone who strays from the pack can be so redirected. Not saying I do all the time but I try to anyway and follow the rules and if I were met with that logo everytime I logged in, I would be reminded to do so.

But that's ok, no need to thank me for that brilliant idea. I'm happy to help, for free too.

Physics news on Phys.org
AlephZero said:
Don't take these personally...

Actually, in the interest of all the people in here with special needs, today I posted a reply I had to edit a lot of times to get right. So how about the logo instead read:

Physics Forums
The place where people write really well
and clear about serious scientific topics

centered though ok guys?

Seriously though, you guys do seem to expend a lot of energy maintaing appropriate discourse. I'm just sayin', maybe a logo which more in-your-face expressed the goal of discussions here would help.

I don't think it's needed. You can find multiple sites that claim they only allow "serious scientific discussions," but poke inside and you see rampant discussions about 2012, aliens, cold fusion, etc. "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

D H said:
I don't think it's needed. You can find multiple sites that claim they only allow "serious scientific discussions," but poke inside and you see rampant discussions about 2012, aliens, cold fusion, etc. "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."
I figured the Rules which members agree to would be enough emphasis as to PFs mission.

There are a lot of people who write nonsensical stuff, while believing they are discussing serious science. This suggestion would not help in those cases.

jackmell said:
Actually, in the interest of all the people in here with special needs, today I posted a reply I had to edit a lot of times to get right. So how about the logo instead read:

Physics Forums
The place where people write really well
and clear about serious scientific topics

Should be "clearly". o:)

berkeman said:
Should be "clearly". o:)

I always wish to improve my writing. Thank you.

Also, probably you guys aren't interested in my suggestion. That's ok. I'll move on.

A man was traveling to town on a donkey while his daughter walked along side. A passerby chastised the man for making the young girl walk such a long distance. So the man got down off the donkey and seated his daughter on it and they continued on. Then another passerby critisized the daughter for making her ailing father walk like that. So the man got up on the donkey behind his daughter and they continued on. Yet another passerby berated the both of them for burdening the poor donkey so. The father lowered his daughter to the ground and got down himself and they continued on. Another passerby started laughing at them for wasting the use of a perfectly good donkey by walking.

What is the purpose of changing a logo to emphasize mission?

The purpose of changing a logo to emphasize mission is to better align the visual representation of a company or brand with its core values and goals. It can also help to communicate a new direction or message to customers and stakeholders.

How can a logo be changed to emphasize mission?

A logo can be changed to emphasize mission through various design elements such as colors, fonts, and symbols that reflect the company's mission. It can also involve incorporating a tagline or slogan that reinforces the mission.

What are the potential benefits of changing a logo to emphasize mission?

The potential benefits of changing a logo to emphasize mission include increased brand recognition and awareness, improved customer loyalty and trust, and a stronger connection with the target audience. It can also attract new customers who align with the company's mission.

Can changing a logo to emphasize mission have any negative impacts?

Yes, changing a logo to emphasize mission can have negative impacts if not executed properly. It can confuse existing customers and create a disconnect with the brand. If the changes are too drastic, it can also damage brand equity and reputation.

What steps should be taken before changing a logo to emphasize mission?

Before changing a logo to emphasize mission, it is important to conduct research and gather feedback from key stakeholders, including employees and customers. This will help ensure that the changes accurately reflect the company's mission and are well-received by the target audience.