My Subscription Renewal - Paid Promptly but Still Expired

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
In summary, the subscription for Physics Help and Math Help on the Physics Forums expired, but was renewed successfully through PayPal. There seems to have been a problem with the Physics Help and Math Help - Physics Forums database, but it has been resolved.
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I got an email notice April 1 that my PF subscription was about to expire. I was out of town when that notice came, so I paid the renewal by PayPal yesterday (April 3) when I got back to the office.

This morning the subscription obviously expired, because my Gold lettering is gone and I see ads on the site.

I think I paid promptly enough. What's the deal? :confused:

Physics news on Phys.org
Just PM Greg and he'll resolve it for you.

hmmm.. I am having PM problems so I can't write to Greg. When I click on Private Messages I get this:
There seems to have been a problem with the Physics Help and Math Help - Physics Forums database.
Please try again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, whom you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

oh well.

I had similar problems when I renewed. There is something funky about the link between PF and Paypal. I actually had to do directly through PayPal, by-passing PF.

Astronuc said:
I had similar problems when I renewed. There is something funky about the link between PF and Paypal. I actually had to do directly through PayPal, by-passing PF.
yeah, it's very weird. Last year it went through without a hitch. I saved my confirmation email from paypal in case Greg needs it.

Math Is Hard said:
hmmm.. I am having PM problems so I can't write to Greg. When I click on Private Messages I get this:
Perhaps issues with the new server - - still. :rolleyes:

I've got problems with PM too!

That was quick.

MIH - you're gold again. :biggrin:

Well - you're always gold to us. :biggrin:

Yay! Thanks!

PM problem seems to be resolved now.

MIH in visible mode after a long time!:smile:

EEK! You can see me??! *Runs for Invisibility Cloak!*

This is why you get a six year subscription

There seems to have been a problem with the Physics Help and Math Help - Physics Forums database.
Please try again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, whom you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
:shy:

-"Apologise" is spelled with z; correctly spelled, "we apologize for any inconvenience."

-I think "E-Mail" is usually written in lowercase, as "e-mail"

*https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=66661* :biggrin:

^and your point...?:biggrin:

bomba923 said:

-"Apologise" is spelled with z; correctly spelled, "we apologize for any inconvenience."

Please consult http://dictionary.com" [Broken] before posting...:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
bomba923 said:
"Apologise" is spelled with z; correctly spelled, "we apologize for any inconvenience."

Not in the UK is isn't, only in 'American English'. In english we say apologise :wink: :tongue2:

matt.o said:
Please consult http://dictionary.com" [Broken] before posting...:biggrin:

Yes, why don't you? Please consult dictionary.com. In fact, here's the entry on "apologize" at dictionary.com ~:wink:

Hootenanny said:
Not in the UK is isn't, only in 'American English'. In english we say apologise
Yes, but our great Greg Bernhardt lives in Wisconsin--in USA, not the UK!
(see Greg's public profile)

-In Wisconsin, American English would be the standard :biggrin:

(American English/UK English--color/colour, honor/honour, and more :smile:)

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Why did my subscription expire even though I paid promptly?

There could be a few reasons for this. It's possible that there was an error with the payment processing, or that there was a delay in updating your subscription status. It's also possible that your subscription was set to automatically renew, but there was an issue with the payment method on file. We recommend contacting our customer support team for further assistance.

2. How long does it take for a subscription renewal to process?

The processing time for a subscription renewal can vary depending on the payment method used and any potential delays with the payment processing system. In most cases, the renewal should be processed within 24 hours. If it takes longer than that, please contact our customer support team for assistance.

3. Can I get a refund if my subscription expired even though I paid promptly?

If your subscription expired due to a technical error or delay on our end, we may be able to offer a refund. However, if the expiration was due to a mistake on your end (such as an expired payment method), we will not be able to issue a refund. Please contact our customer support team for more information.

4. How can I prevent my subscription from expiring in the future?

To prevent your subscription from expiring, make sure to keep your payment information up to date and check for any automatic renewal settings. You can also set reminders for yourself to renew your subscription before it expires. If you are still having issues, please contact our customer support team for assistance.

5. Will I lose any data or access to features if my subscription expires?

In most cases, you will retain access to your data and features even if your subscription expires. However, some features may be limited or unavailable until the subscription is renewed. It's always best to renew your subscription promptly to avoid any potential disruptions in service. If you have any concerns, please contact our customer support team for clarification.