Design a Baby Pram Car Seat | Prototype Design

In summary, Rainman says that he will help with a design for a baby pram that can be safely stored inside a car, but that the design is not a car seat and belongs to Greg.
Aceofspades1185
i need a prototype design tat can carry a baby pram safely and park it inside a car. In other words the back 3 seats of the car now reduced to 2 The baby pram is now occuping the 3rd seat. Can some give me a step by step design with dimensions and everythin included as soon as possible. Thank You. :!) :smile:

Engineering news on Phys.org
Your question is a bit vague. I'll be glad to assist you, but you have to provide at least a sketch or photo of the pram and the interior of the vehicle, along with the dimensions. If you're thinking of using this as a mobile car seat, don't. It wouldn't meet safety requirements.

Aceofspades1185 said:
i need a prototype design tat can carry a baby pram safely and park it inside a car. In other words the back 3 seats of the car now reduced to 2 The baby pram is now occuping the 3rd seat. Can some give me a step by step design with dimensions and everythin included as soon as possible. Thank You. :!) :smile:

LOL, you want us to design this entire invention, make out the dimensioned engineering drawings, and then give it to you... classy :rolleyes:

Mech_Engineer said:
LOL, you want us to design this entire invention, make out the dimensioned engineering drawings, and then give it to you... classy :rolleyes:
Not only that, but ASAP... chop! chop! Time's-a-wastin'. Sounds like some of the non-engineering managers where I work! :yuck:

Rainman

Yeah, there's a bit of presumptiousness there. As I said, I'll be glad to assist in working out a solution. I will not, however, submit to demands.
While I'm at it, I will point out that everything posted on PF belongs to Greg. For instance, the toroid winding machine that I'm designing for Jason is intended for public consumption. If anyone tries to patent it, then they'd have a legal fight on their hands. Push comes to shove, the rights belong to Greg. While I don't know him personally, I think that he'd do the right thing and either turn it over to public domain or share the profits by expanding PF even further.

1. What is the purpose of designing a baby pram car seat?

The purpose of designing a baby pram car seat is to provide a safe and comfortable mode of transportation for infants and young children while traveling in a car. It is designed to ensure the child's safety during car rides and make it more convenient for parents to transport their child.

2. What factors should be considered when designing a baby pram car seat?

Some important factors to consider when designing a baby pram car seat include safety, comfort, functionality, durability, and ease of use. The seat should be able to withstand impact in case of an accident and provide proper support for the child. It should also be comfortable for the child to sit in for an extended period of time and easy for parents to install and use.

3. How is a prototype design created for a baby pram car seat?

A prototype design for a baby pram car seat is created by first sketching out ideas and then creating a digital or physical model. This model is then tested and refined through multiple iterations until the final design is achieved. It is important to involve experts in child safety and ergonomics in the design process to ensure the best possible outcome.

4. What materials are commonly used in the production of a baby pram car seat?

The materials commonly used in the production of a baby pram car seat include steel, plastic, and foam for the frame and structure, as well as fabric and padding for the seat and harness. These materials are chosen for their durability, strength, and comfort for the child.

5. Are there any safety regulations or standards for designing a baby pram car seat?

Yes, there are safety regulations and standards set by government agencies and organizations, such as the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM). These regulations ensure that the baby pram car seat meets certain safety requirements and undergoes rigorous testing before being released to the market.