Pet Peeves That Irritate Us To No End

• Thread starter timejim
  • Start date
  • Tags
    pet
In summary, the conversation revolved around pet peeves and things that irritate the participants. Some of the common pet peeves mentioned were bad drivers, people who take a long time to pay at the supermarket, and rude or sarcastic behavior. Other pet peeves included people who try to act a certain way, winter storms, and technical difficulties. Some participants also mentioned their dislike for text speak, people who don't cover their mouths when coughing or sneezing, and cold weather.
timejim
Do you have any pet peeves, you know, things that irritate you to no end?

1. Drivers who, when the light turns green, just set there, and
when they do go they are the only ones who made the light.
2. At the supermarket check out, the person ahead of you
decides to pay with all their loose change.
3. You make a purchase at a store and the clerk never speaks,
says thank you, or anything.

Physics news on Phys.org
1./ i hate it when people nit-pick what i say or try correct me.

2./ i hate bad drivers

3./ i hate stupid people

4./ i hate queueing (ESPECIALLY!) when some old biddy is chatting inanely to a store clerk

5./ i get real annoyed when people are sarcastic (in a mean way) for no reason

6./ i hate it when people spread rumours which arent true...Andy can back me up on this

Actually a lot of things are my pet peeves...the list could go on, but i wouldn't want to bore everyone about how much i hate everything!

Oh yeah, one of my threads about "Pre-sizing" shows another of my pet hates.

People at the drive up window at the bank that are totally unprepared or that are doing so much business, they really should be inside. Nothing like sitting trapped between 2 cars for 30 minutes just to deposit a check that takes 60 seconds.

People in the "8 items or less" express lane at the grocery store with 50 items AND they have 5 MILLION coupons. Most of which are for the wrong items, so they run off to go get the right brands...

People who buy penis-shaped birthday cakes with FOOD STAMPS.

People who think they 'know' everything about everything.

People who think they 'know' everything about everything.

I hate those people...so annoying. They usually end-up wrong too.

Anyways, here's my list in no particular order:

- Crazy drivers
- Cats
- Polluters
- Reverse-racists (Rappers)
- White people who try to act black. Asians who try to act black. Really annoying and odd. If you've ever met a guy that does this, you'll agree.
- the WNBA
- AHoles from the PGA tour
- Mac/Linux/Window zealots that automatically claim their stuff it the best.
- Teachers that can't handle being wrong
- Quebecois that try to "seperate"
- Video games that make me dizzy...
- Dirty restaurants/bathrooms

ppl ho dasiyd that they shuld nvent thir own spelin fer evrythin. Whose bad english-butchery habits are then so ingraned that they can't manage to use proper english even when they try (despite their most persistent assurences).

(All mistakes are intentional.)

cukymonsta

People who cough and sneeze without covering their mouths

Lack of manners

Bad breath, unsanitary hygiene

Winter storms. An excess amount of snow on the road which makes it difficult to drive. Extreme cold winds that hurts the skin

Last edited:
Originally posted by kenikov
I hate those people...so annoying. They usually end-up wrong too.

Anyways, here's my list in no particular order:

- Crazy drivers
- Cats
- Polluters
- Reverse-racists (Rappers)
- White people who try to act black. Asians who try to act black. Really annoying and odd. If you've ever met a guy that does this, you'll agree.
- the WNBA
- AHoles from the PGA tour
- Teachers that can't handle being wrong
- Quebecois that try to "seperate"
- Video games that make me dizzy...
- Dirty restaurants/bathrooms

I can identify with the stubborn teachers here. Also on my list are several people that I know that pretend to speak in a phony British accent all the time.

oh yeah! MORE!

- "text speak" (txt spk)
- And this is a common trait amongst most women which peeves me. They will go up to a till with food/clothes/anything knowing full well that they have to pay. However when it comes to pay they always give a suprised "oh!" as if they didnt expect it, then search around their purse for their card/money.

HAVE YOUR MONEY READY IN THE FIRST PLACE AND STOP ACTING SO SUPRISED! YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO PAY!

Originally posted by The_Professional
People who cough and sneeze without covering their mouths

Lack of manners

Bad breath, unsanitary hygiene

Winter storms. An excess amount of snow on the road which makes it difficult to drive. Extreme cold winds that hurts the skin

What?!

Winter storms are the best! I love snow that is waist high!

I dream of a winter storm brewing up, cutting school and turning ponds into ice so I can start a hockey game.

Nothing could be better.

Oh, I forgot to add: "THE BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH" on my list.

What?!

I dream of a winter storm brewing up, cutting school and turning ponds into ice so I can start a hockey game.

Nothing could be better.

Oh, I forgot to add: "THE BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH" on my list.

I personally hate cold weather. Anything < 60 degrees Fahrenheit is cold to me. My idea of perfect weather is running long distances in temperatures around/greater than 90 degrees Fahrenheit.

I do agree with the Blue Screen of Death thing.

I'm guessing you live in Nevada or Florida

I've lived in the Pacific Northwest and Montreal.

I'm not made for the heat. I'm completely untanned. The whitest Chinese guy you'll ever see.

And that's saying something. :wink:

Sun is good for Golf though - I miss playing it.

Last edited:

Dude, Linux and Apple are L33t!
Micro$oft Winblows is for loZers.

:wink:

I can do without the subzero degree temperature.Winters make me sad. Very little snow is not bad.

What?!

It took me 3 1/2 hrs to travel 30 miles this morning.. an inch of snow fell overnight

when i am on the phone at work and people call me terry instead of Kerrie

windy days bug me

when people don't clean up after their dog or leave their pets in the car while they shop

It took me 3 1/2 hrs to travel 30 miles this morning.. an inch of snow fell overnight

Try chains, or one of these.

Originally posted by timejim
Do you have any pet peeves, you know, things that irritate you to no end?

1. Drivers who, when the light turns green, just set there, and
when they do go they are the only ones who made the light.
2. At the supermarket check out, the person ahead of you
decides to pay with all their loose change.
3. You make a purchase at a store and the clerk never speaks,
says thank you, or anything.

I wanted to add people who have worms because they go around scratching their butts all the time. Why don't they get some worm medicine.

Try chains, or one of these.
no, I travel by train :frown: of all modes of transportation, you'd think they won't be affected by weather.. apparently not. I wonder how they do it in Scandinavia..

My son's eating habits - he turns his nose up at the good food I give him, then he goes foraging for bits of cardboard and plastic to eat.

Woodpeckers - Lately, one has decided to pound on the mounting bracket that attaches powerlines to my house. The bracket is right outside my bedroom window, and he begins pounding on it at dawn. I only hope he misses his target and ZAP!

Njorl

Originally posted by Monique
no, I travel by train :frown: of all modes of transportation, you'd think they won't be affected by weather.. apparently not. I wonder how they do it in Scandinavia..

I get about through either cars or running. My pet peeve with that is that these old northerners almost hit me while I am running.

I've never ridden a train in my life, so I wouldn't know (I'm from North America). Though I have been on buses and sky trains many times.

Are Subarus even that popular in the Netherlands?

Ive only been on a train once or twice, most of the railroads around my area are for transporation of goods. Then again, I heard a while back the Florida legislature is planning on a high-speed rail line from Tampa to Miama due to a public referendum. I am not sure how that is feasible because of money issues.

Are Subarus even that popular in the Netherlands?
Subarus[?] you mean the car?!

Subarus[?] you mean the car?!

unless he means the 3-headed hell-hound that guards the gates of Hades...oh wait, that's CERBERUS!

Is Cerberus popular in the Netherlands?

The coolest thing about riding a train through the Netherlands is this: You're cruisin' along (pretty dang fast!) and looking at the beautiful scenery - huge fields of green laced with small outcroppings of buildings - an occasional windmill... and all of a sudden, off in the distance, moving slowly through the green fields is...A SHIP?!? Very weird!

1. Oblivious drivers <- If you're thinking about dinner tonight or that pair of pants you wanted from the store or talking to your buddy on a cell phone, then you are NOT driving. Start paying attention to what's going on around you folks, it's not hard.

2. People who don't clean up after their pets.

3. Disrespect <- I will reem you for this every time.

4. People who think image matters.

5. People who try to sell me their religion.

6. Closed-mindedness.

7. People who don't accept responsibility for their own mistakes (I hate these people most of all because I'm one of them, and don't like to be reminded of the fact)... hey I'm working on it! Bad habits are hard to get rid of, ways of thinking are even harder.

8. Bad luck. I hate you bad luck! I will kill you someday and from that day forward there will be only good luck.

1. Oblivious drivers <- If you're thinking about dinner tonight or that pair of pants you wanted from the store or talking to your buddy on a cell phone, then you are NOT driving. Start paying attention to what's going on around you folks, it's not hard

The road has gotten horrible out there.

People don't signal, speed, run red lights. They do all sorts of crazy stuff bound to cause accidents.

Sometimes I wonder, "What are they thinking? Do they realize what they just did!?"

The news is getting ready to wait for bad drivers on major roads, watch them do something stupid, then confront them after and ask, "Why did you just do that?"

Because I want to know too.

Originally posted by Tsunami
The coolest thing about riding a train through the Netherlands is this: You're cruisin' along (pretty dang fast!) and looking at the beautiful scenery - huge fields of green laced with small outcroppings of buildings - an occasional windmill... and all of a sudden, off in the distance, moving slowly through the green fields is...A SHIP?!? Very weird!

ITS THE FLYING DUTCHMAN! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

Disrespect is my only known pet peeve.

1. What are pet peeves?

Pet peeves are things that annoy or irritate us, often on a daily basis. They can range from small habits or behaviors to larger societal issues.

2. Why do we have pet peeves?

Pet peeves are a natural response to things that disrupt our daily routine or cause discomfort. They may also stem from personal preferences or values.

3. Can pet peeves change over time?

Yes, pet peeves can change as we grow and experience new things. What may have once bothered us may no longer have the same effect, while new pet peeves may arise.

4. How can we deal with pet peeves?

One way to deal with pet peeves is to communicate openly and respectfully with the person or people causing the annoyance. It's also important to recognize that not everyone will share the same pet peeves, and it's okay to let some things go.

5. Can pet peeves be beneficial?

Yes, pet peeves can be beneficial as they can help us identify our boundaries and what we value. They can also serve as a reminder to practice empathy and understanding towards others.