Computer Engineering/Science help?

• Thread starter mr_coffee
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Computer
In summary, there are several forums and websites that specialize in computer science and engineering topics such as computer architecture and processor optimization. These include tek-tips.com, gamasutra, gamedev, codeproject, codeguru, ai-depot, and gameai. However, some users may have difficulty finding forums specifically focused on these topics and may need to rely on general programming forums.
mr_coffee
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew of any forums that are really geared towards Comp science/engineering questions such as Computer Architecture. I haven't been able to find anyones that are active on google, anyone have any luck?

I can't post problems like this in programming forms because they don't know what's going on either like the following:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=155347

Thanks!

Also if this isn't the place to post a question I'm sorry and you can delete this thread.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hey dude,
sorry I didnt find this thread earlier. Here is a good website for just such a thing

www.tek-tips.com
what ever flavour your language might be!

sweet thanks!

software: gamasutra, gamedev, codeproject,codeguru, ai-depot, gameai,

software is easy for me to find, its mainly forums on like processor optimization or computer architecture is where I have troubles but tek-ips seems to have some comp engineering stuff!

I use codeguru a ton they are great

1. What is the difference between computer engineering and computer science?

Computer engineering focuses on the design and development of computer hardware and systems, while computer science focuses on the theory and algorithms behind computing and software development.

2. What skills are needed for a career in computer engineering/science?

Some important skills for computer engineering/science include programming languages such as Java or Python, problem-solving abilities, strong analytical skills, and the ability to work well in a team.

3. What are some common job titles for computer engineering/science graduates?

Some common job titles for computer engineering/science graduates include software engineer, systems analyst, data scientist, network engineer, and web developer.

4. What is the future outlook for careers in computer engineering/science?

The future outlook for careers in computer engineering/science is very positive, with a high demand for skilled professionals in various industries such as technology, finance, healthcare, and entertainment. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 15% growth in employment for computer and information technology occupations from 2019 to 2029.

5. What are some important considerations when choosing a computer engineering/science program?

Some important considerations when choosing a computer engineering/science program include the curriculum and courses offered, opportunities for hands-on experience and internships, the reputation and accreditation of the program, and the availability of resources and support for students.