Where to find information about the processor in Win XP?

In summary, to find information about your processor architecture in Windows XP, you can go to My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware tab or start -> control panel -> system -> General tab. The architecture can be found under the "Computer" section and displays information such as the processor type and speed. Another way to find this information is by googling your CPU model and architecture or using a tool like CPU-Z.
ehrenfest
Where in Windows XP can I find information about my processor such as the architecture?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I think it's My Computer(right-click) -> Properties -> 'Hardware' tab.

Where can I find the architecture in the "System Properties" window?

start->control panel->system it's on the general tab at the bottom right where it says 'Computer'
Or my computer -> right click -> properties ->General tab

It just says
"Dell Latitude D620
Genuine Intel (R) CPU
T2400 @ 1.83 GHz"
and some other stuff.

I am looking for the architecture.

The only way I know of finding out your processors architecture is googling (insert CPU here) architecture. I really couldn't think of an easier way either, as far as I know there isn't a way to look at your CPU architecture via your operating system.

Not sure what you're looking for, but maybe cpu-z would be helpful. It reads your processors technology, general specifications, instructions, cache amount, ext. It also displays your motherboard model and bios version along with your memory manufacturer, type, voltage and timings. I literally use it on a daily basis.

http://www.cpuid.com/download/cpu-z-141.zip [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is a processor?

A processor, also known as a central processing unit (CPU), is the main component of a computer responsible for carrying out instructions and performing calculations.

2. How do I find information about the processor in Win XP?

To find information about the processor in Win XP, you can open the System Information application by clicking on the Start button, then selecting "Run" and typing in "msinfo32" without the quotes. This will open a window with detailed information about your system, including the processor.

3. What information can I find about the processor in Win XP?

You can find information such as the processor's name, manufacturer, speed, number of cores, and architecture in Win XP. You can also see statistics on the processor's usage and performance.

4. Can I upgrade my processor in Win XP?

It is possible to upgrade the processor in some Win XP systems, but it depends on the motherboard and compatibility with the new processor. It is recommended to consult with a professional before attempting to upgrade your processor.

5. Is there a way to check the processor's temperature in Win XP?

Yes, there are several third-party applications available that can monitor the temperature of your processor in Win XP. Some popular options include Core Temp, SpeedFan, and HWMonitor.