Find Work in Tropical Countries from Canada | Physics/STEM

• Thread starter NeoDevin
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of moving to a tropical country for work, specifically in the field of physics or science/technology. Suggestions for potential locations include Vancouver, the US, Hawaii, Japan, Singapore, and India. The individual is interested in a change of culture and scenery, as well as warmer weather. They are also open to job opportunities in Vancouver, where they currently reside.
NeoDevin
Are there any tropical countries into which a person from Canada could move and find work. Preferably physics related work (or science/technology in general), but not necessarily.

Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
NeoDevin said:
Are there any tropical countries into which a person from Canada could move and find work.
Winter getting to you ? Move here to Vancouver - no work, but you don't have to shovel as much snow!

What about the US? Florida is almost tropical, Arizona is warm but a nicer climate!

mgb_phys said:
Winter getting to you ? Move here to Vancouver - no work, but you don't have to shovel as much snow!

Partly winter, partly that I've spent my entire life here, and it would be pretty cool to go live in a different culture for a few years at least. I live in an appartment, so I don't have to shovel snow.

Mostly for the change of culture and scenery, but also for the weather. I'm graduating (bachelors) in a few months, and don't have any job offers around here yet, and I got the (crazy?) idea that it would be fun to move to the tropics for a few years/decades (depending how well I like living there).

Though if you know of any good jobs in Vancouver, let me know, I'd be interested in that too. My major is mathematical physics, I've done some geophys, and some numerical modelling ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
You could try somewhere like Japan or something. Or Singapore...

Or India. Great food there, too.

1. How can I find work in tropical countries as a physicist or STEM professional from Canada?

To find work in tropical countries as a physicist or STEM professional from Canada, you can start by researching potential job opportunities in your field in the desired country. You can also network with professionals in your field who have experience working in tropical countries and reach out to them for advice and potential job leads. Additionally, utilizing online job search platforms and attending job fairs can also help you in your search for employment.

2. What qualifications or experience do I need to work in tropical countries as a physicist or STEM professional?

The qualifications and experience required to work in tropical countries as a physicist or STEM professional may vary depending on the specific job and country. Generally, a degree in a relevant field and experience in your field of expertise are essential. Some countries may also require specific work permits or visas for foreigners to work in certain industries.

3. What are the benefits of working in tropical countries as a physicist or STEM professional?

Working in tropical countries as a physicist or STEM professional can offer a unique and diverse experience. You may have the opportunity to work on projects that are not available in your home country, gain exposure to different cultures and working environments, and expand your professional network. Additionally, many tropical countries offer a lower cost of living and a chance to explore new places and cultures.

4. Are there any challenges or drawbacks to working in tropical countries as a physicist or STEM professional?

Working in tropical countries as a physicist or STEM professional may come with its own set of challenges. These can include adjusting to a new culture and work environment, possible language barriers, and adapting to different living conditions. It is also essential to research the political and economic stability of the country before accepting a job offer.

5. What resources are available to help me find work in tropical countries as a physicist or STEM professional?

There are various resources available to help you find work in tropical countries as a physicist or STEM professional. You can utilize online job search platforms, attend job fairs and conferences, network with professionals in your field, and seek advice from career counselors or recruitment agencies. You can also research government websites and organizations in the desired country for potential job opportunities.