Basic Rearranging equation to find values

• Thread starter tim_3491
  • Start date
In summary, to rearrange an equation to find a specific value, you must isolate the variable on one side of the equation using inverse operations, and then solve for its value. The basic rules for rearranging equations include performing the same operation on both sides, isolating the variable, and simplifying the equation. You can rearrange equations with multiple variables by isolating the variable being solved for and keeping the others on the opposite side. To check if you have rearranged correctly, substitute the value into the original equation. Equations cannot be rearranged in any order, and must follow the basic rules to maintain balance.
tim_3491

Homework Statement

I have attached my working as i just need to find functions for each Vin=... and Vout=... but I am not to good with fractions. Could anyone have a look thanks

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• Scan10006.jpg
    Scan10006.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 415
Physics news on Phys.org
in your first equation, you have what looks like "jwc" multiplying the left side but in your second equation it has disappeared. What happened to it?

As a scientist, it is important to be proficient in rearranging equations and solving for different variables. Fractions can sometimes be tricky, but with practice and understanding of basic algebraic principles, it becomes easier to manipulate equations and find the desired values. In this case, it seems like you are trying to find the functions for Vin and Vout, which can be achieved by rearranging the given equations. I would suggest reviewing basic algebraic rules and practicing with similar problems to improve your skills. Additionally, seeking help from a tutor or classmate can also be beneficial. Keep persevering and you will eventually become more confident and proficient in manipulating equations.

1. How do I rearrange an equation to find a specific value?

To rearrange an equation, you must isolate the variable that you are solving for on one side of the equation. This can be done by using inverse operations to move the other terms to the other side of the equation. Once the variable is isolated, you can then solve for its value.

2. What are the basic rules for rearranging equations?

The basic rules for rearranging equations include performing the same operation on both sides of the equation, using inverse operations to isolate the variable, and simplifying the equation as much as possible before solving for the variable.

3. Can I rearrange an equation with multiple variables?

Yes, you can rearrange an equation with multiple variables. The key is to isolate the variable you are solving for and keep the other variables on the opposite side of the equation.

4. How do I know if I have rearranged the equation correctly?

You can check if you have rearranged the equation correctly by substituting the value you solved for into the original equation. If the equation is true, then you have rearranged it correctly.

5. Can I rearrange equations in any order?

No, you cannot rearrange equations in any order. You must follow the basic rules for rearranging equations and perform the same operations on both sides of the equation in order to maintain balance.