Blues Fans Unite: Share Your Favourites & Experiences

• Thread starter _Muddy_
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about people's love for blues music and their favorite artists. They also talk about legendary blues musicians they have seen live, as well as their own experiences as guitarists. Some of the mentioned artists include Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Eric Clapton.
_Muddy_
Hey everyone,

So, I saw from another thread a couple people like blues. Anyone else? If so who do you like? Whose your favourite? Are you going to see anyone good? Ever seen anyone legendary play live, tell us about it. I personally love elmore james, muddy waters, john lee hooker, freddie king, stevie ray vaughan and kenny wayne shepherd just to name a few.

By the way are there any fellow guitarists on here?

_muddy_

Physics news on Phys.org
I've seen Muddy Waters, B B King, and Lightnin' Hopkins.

John Lee Hooker and Stevie Ray Vaughan. They're the only ones I have listened to much.
Oh and Tom Waits and Nick Cave if they count.

don't forget canned heat, "night life, night life and women done got the best of me. i had a lota money one time but whiskey n' women, they tore it down"

Saw Eric Clapton at the Albert hall a few years ago which was pretty amazing, I'd definitely go see him again. Play guitar myself and I do dabble in blues a bit, definitely one of my preferred styles of music to play.

I really love the blues, I don't think I can really name a favorite artist yet as I am only just now starting explore the genre more. I play guitar but admittedly pretty poorly.

1. What is the purpose of "Blues Fans Unite?"

The purpose of "Blues Fans Unite" is to create a community for fans of the blues genre to share their favorite songs, artists, and experiences with others who share the same passion for the music.

2. How can I become a member of "Blues Fans Unite?"

To become a member of "Blues Fans Unite," you can simply join the group on a social media platform or website where it is hosted, such as Facebook or Reddit. You may also be able to request to join the group from an existing member.

3. Is there a specific format for sharing songs and experiences on "Blues Fans Unite?"

There is no specific format for sharing on "Blues Fans Unite," but we encourage members to be respectful and provide some context or personal experience when sharing a song or discussing an artist. This helps to foster meaningful conversations within the community.

4. Can I promote my own music or events on "Blues Fans Unite?"

While we welcome members to share their own blues-related music and events with the community, we ask that you do so in a respectful manner and do not spam the group. The main focus of "Blues Fans Unite" is to share and discuss existing blues music and experiences, not self-promotion.

5. Are there any rules or guidelines for participating in "Blues Fans Unite?"

Yes, we ask that all members of "Blues Fans Unite" adhere to our community guidelines, which include being respectful to others, avoiding self-promotion, and refraining from sharing inappropriate content. These guidelines help to ensure a positive and welcoming environment for all members.