American football starts tonight

• Thread starter rewebster
  • Start date
In summary: I miss watching Zidane. He had such flair and vision. No wonder... he was a great player and coach.
rewebster
well, the American version, anyway----and, the pre-season starts Tonight!

--almost as good as *fill in the blank*!

(ok, women--roll your eyes)

Physics news on Phys.org

Soccer, true football, is better, and I'm American. LOL

binzing said:

Trader!

Football is boring. It's just line up, pile up, line up, pile up. Spare me.

Jordan Joab said:
Trader!

Trader or traitor? LOL sports pun

stickythighs said:
Football is boring. It's just line up, pile up, line up, pile up. Spare me.

Life is boring. It's just birth, reproduce, die. Spare me?:confused:

binzing said:
Trader or traitor? LOL sports pun

:devil:

binzing said:

I'm with you 100%.

miami dolphins super bowl this year

I'm a Cowboys fan, so I am definitely looking forward to the season starting. However, I just moved to a new place and I don't own a TV, so I need to figure out what to do there.

If you have access to highspeed these days you hardly need TV.

ekrim said:
miami dolphins super bowl this year

Aren't the Dolphins in the same division as the Patriots?

LowlyPion said:
Aren't the Dolphins in the same division as the Patriots?

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! :rofl:

patriots only recently stopped sucking.

What the heck is going on with Bret Favre? I keep hearing snippets on the radio in the morning before I am fully awake.

Math Is Hard said:
What the heck is going on with Bret Favre? I keep hearing snippets on the radio in the morning before I am fully awake.

Favre wants to play. Green Bay doesn't want him to play. Male soap-opera ensues and poor Aaron Rodgers is caught in the middle.:cry:

They're going to have QB tryouts!

ekrim said:
patriots only recently stopped sucking.

You mean since 2001-2002?

Whereas Miami's past glory only seems to crop up these days on weight watcher commercials?

Patriots are going back to the SB, no doubt. GB or Minnesota, depending on where Favre ends up.

No love for the Browns. This is their season.

Jordan Joab said:
Life is boring. It's just birth, reproduce, die. Spare me?:confused:

Gladly. *cracks knuckles* :devil:

will.c said:
No love for the Browns. This is their season.

Why, are they leaving Cleveland? (Worked for the Ravens)

Cleveland is a cursed town. I think it has something to do with the Cuyahoga River catching fire back in the 60's.

My 5-year-old grandson lives in Akron. I bought him a Broncos jersey for his birthday. I figure it will work out kind of like that song about a boy named Sue.

It seems Brett is now a Jet. Wonder how long it will be before he retires again.

he probably just took their offer because his name rhymes

Look at all the other players that have retired and then gone to another team: Favre will last 2 years with the Jets - tops - and he won't do anything worth while with them either.

San Diego Chargers are going to take it this season.

BryanP said:
San Diego Chargers are going to take it this season.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh Lord you are so funny!

lol, I'm a loyal SD fan

I do believe the window is open for them... you can't compare this team to a team from back in the 90s or even a few years back.

Football teams continually evolve. That's why you can have a 16-0 team lose to the NY Giants who were what, 0-4 in the beginning of the season?

BryanP said:
lol, I'm a loyal SD fan

I do believe the window is open for them... you can't compare this team to a team from back in the 90s or even a few years back.

Football teams continually evolve. That's why you can have a 16-0 team lose to the NY Giants who were what, 0-4 in the beginning of the season?

Giants, again.

I played soccer for 15 years. I love watching the EPL, La Liga, and Bundesliga.

Messi is the new Ronaldihno.

As for American HANDBALL, I don't care for it. Sometimes, I do and sometimes, I don't.

ubermensch said:
I played soccer for 15 years. I love watching the EPL, La Liga, and Bundesliga.

Messi is the new Ronaldihno.

Lionel is good to be sure, but I think Cristiano Ronaldo has had some of the more stylish goals this past year in the EPL, though I think Fernando Torres looks to be coming into his own and should have a good year again for Liverpool.

Cristiano Ronaldo's problem I think is he thinks a bit too much of himself. But he does make good passes too at times.

LowlyPion said:
Lionel is good to be sure, but I think Cristiano Ronaldo has had some of the more stylish goals this past year in the EPL, though I think Fernando Torres looks to be coming into his own and should have a good year again for Liverpool.

Cristiano Ronaldo's problem I think is he thinks a bit too much of himself. But he does make good passes too at times.

I miss watching Zidane. He had such flair and vision. No wonder the French loved him.

ubermensch said:
I miss watching Zidane. He had such flair and vision. No wonder the French loved him.

Unfortunately I think he will be always remembered for this:

His last moment as a player on a pitch. A tragic endnote to a good career.

Last edited by a moderator:

the colts and bills game will be a fun one to watch, especially with all that snow

Math Is Hard said:
It seems Brett is now a Jet. Wonder how long it will be before he retires again.

This was first wondered in 1992, when Brett was traded from the Falcons to the Packers. Favre was diagnosed with avascular necrosis of the hip and doctors recommended failing his physical and nullifying the trade. Packers GM Ron Wolf over ruled them and did the trade anyway.

Favre's first pass as a Falcon (1991): Interception returned for a TD
Favre's first pass as a Packer (1992): (-7) yard loss to Favre (his pass was deflected back to him by a defensive lineman; this was also his first NFL completion)
Favre's first pass as a Jet (2008): 5 yard gain to Laveranues Coles
Favre's first pass as a Viking (2009): (-1) yard loss to Chester Taylor

Just noticing that one of the threads in Philosophy is "Does a year exist?"

Obviously not. Or at least it's irrelevant if it does exist.

1. What is American football?

American football is a popular sport in the United States that involves two teams competing to score points by advancing an oval-shaped ball into the opponent's end zone.

2. When does the American football season start?

The American football season typically starts in early September and runs through the end of December, with playoffs and the championship game taking place in January.

3. Which teams are playing in the first game of the season?

The first game of the American football season is usually the defending Super Bowl champions against a selected opponent. For the 2021-2022 season, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will be playing against the Dallas Cowboys on September 9th.

4. How long is an American football game?

An American football game is divided into four quarters, each lasting 15 minutes. However, due to breaks and stoppages, the average game lasts around three hours.

5. Will there be fans allowed at the game?

The decision to allow fans at American football games depends on the current COVID-19 guidelines in each state. Some teams may have limited capacity or require proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 tests for entry.