Impact of economies collapse on global society

In summary: Huh. I hadn't heard of that kind of stuff - Indian businesses directly marketing to the U.S. that way - but it makes sense that someone would try.⚛ Another good reason not to do that is that if there's some sort of serious dispute you could wind up facing a need to go to court in India.
rootX
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7659086.stm

I was wondering how this will affect the humans' migration and global culture (authority too) etc. It seems like China is getting ahead and migration flow will be reversed. I don't have enough data and knowledge to make any predictions but for sure there will be lot of interesting changes.

Physics news on Phys.org
Apparently some illegal aliens and migrants have returned from the US to Mexico and other countries because of the economic downturn. Other than that, I don't see massive changes in migration patterns.

What does need to be addressed is the gross disparity in incomes in all the countries affected.

For the US, the military actions in Iraq and Afghanistan must draw to a peaceful resolution as much as possible and as soon as possible. The US government cannot continue to finance the wars at current levels without significant damage to the economy.

Astronuc said:
Apparently some illegal aliens and migrants have returned from the US to Mexico and other countries because of the economic downturn.QUOTE]

Yep, that's the postive change. This will solve all the illegal immigration problems in the developed countries. :biggrin:

rootX said:
Astronuc said:
Apparently some illegal aliens and migrants have returned from the US to Mexico and other countries because of the economic downturn.QUOTE]

Yep, that's the postive change. This will solve all the illegal immigration problems in the developed countries. :biggrin:
Not necessarily. It just moves the same problem around geographically - which is poverty and economic disparity/inequity in the world.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/business/2008/10/08/finighan.eop.improving.economy.cnn" discusses whether the economic downturn has an effect on Polish immigration into the UK.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2008/10/03/neisloss.india.it.industry.cnn" says that India's IT sector is expecting a downturn because a third of their business is from financial companies. That's probably good for the U.S. IT sector, which is pretty dependent on immigration of IT professionals from places like India and China; we aren't very good at producing IT talent domestically.

Last edited by a moderator:
CaptainQuasar said:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2008/10/03/neisloss.india.it.industry.cnn" says that India's IT sector is expecting a downturn because a third of their business is from financial companies. That's probably good for the U.S. IT sector, which is pretty dependent on immigration of IT professionals from places like India and China; we aren't very good at producing IT talent domestically.
I get calls periodically from India, most likely Bangalore, inquiring about my business/office, yellow pages and an offer for a website. :rolleyes: I politely decline. They also don't like giving out information, and I am not about to deal with someone who is not being forthcoming or forthright.

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronuc said:
I get calls periodically from India, most likely Bangalore, inquiring about my business/office, yellow pages and an offer for a website. :rolleyes: I politely decline. They also don't like giving out information, and I am not about to deal with someone who is not being forthcoming or forthright.

Huh. I hadn't heard of that kind of stuff - Indian businesses directly marketing to the U.S. that way - but it makes sense that someone would try.

Another good reason not to do that is that if there's some sort of serious dispute you could wind up facing a need to go to court in India. That's one factor (among many) that prevents there being more outsourcing overseas.

What is the definition of "economies collapse"?

Economies collapse refers to a severe and sudden downturn in the overall economic activity of a country or region, resulting in a significant decrease in the production, trade, and consumption of goods and services.

How does an economic collapse affect global society?

An economic collapse can have a wide range of impacts on global society, including increased poverty and unemployment, reduced access to basic resources and services, political instability, and a decline in global trade and economic cooperation.

What are some potential causes of an economic collapse?

There are several potential causes of an economic collapse, including financial crises, natural disasters, political instability, and unsustainable economic policies.

How can an economic collapse be prevented?

Preventing an economic collapse requires effective and timely policies and measures, such as maintaining stable economic growth, regulating financial markets, and implementing social safety nets to protect vulnerable populations.

What can individuals do to mitigate the impact of an economic collapse?

Individuals can take steps to mitigate the impact of an economic collapse by reducing their debt, diversifying their income sources, and building a financial safety net. They can also support local businesses and community initiatives to help stimulate the economy.