Sitting my lcd on top of a green mat

• Thread starter questionboy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Green Lcd
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of a green garden knee pad as a base for an LCD monitor to increase stability. The possibility of imperfections in a hardwood table causing instability is also mentioned. The conversation also mentions a promotional advertisement for a similar product and the suggestion of using a neoprene material for stability. It is noted that the first product shown may be too thick and soft for stability.
questionboy
One of those green one inch thick garden knee pads is what i am talking about.

If I sit my lcd monitor on one of these mats do you think it would be more stable?

If you put a hard lcd base on a hardwood table I imagine it will not sit perfectly because of imperfections in the perfect flatness of my tabe and lcd.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
questionboy said:
http://promotionalgifts.manufacturer.supplierlist.com/productsimages/gardenkneelersgardeningkneelingpad_74801.jpg

If I sit my lcd monitor on one of these mats do you think it would be more stable?

If you put a hard lcd base on a hardwood table I imagine it will not sit perfectly because of imperfections in the perfect flatness of my tabe and lcd.

I don't know about you, but I'd pay millions of dollars for this, in 9 easy installments of $19.95!

Last edited by a moderator:
nice ad

That's not an ad that is the first result that came up.

You can check my ip. I doubt they have a branch in my city and country.

some kind of neoprene material should work fine. but stuff like that usually has rubber feet on the bottom, anyway.

edit: oh, and while I'm thinking about it, that first thing you had up looked too thick and soft. anything that wasn't very heavy would be less stable. you'd probably want something kind of thin.

Last edited:

1. How does placing my LCD on top of a green mat affect its display?

Placing an LCD on top of a green mat may affect its display by reducing glare and reflections, resulting in improved image quality. The green mat can also act as a contrast to the screen, making the display appear more vibrant.

2. Will placing my LCD on top of a green mat damage the screen?

No, placing an LCD on top of a green mat will not damage the screen. The mat is designed to be non-abrasive and will not scratch or harm the screen in any way.

3. What is the purpose of using a green mat under an LCD?

The purpose of using a green mat under an LCD is to reduce eye strain and improve the overall viewing experience. The green color helps to reduce glare and reflections, making it easier on the eyes to view the screen for extended periods of time.

4. Is a green mat necessary for all types of LCD screens?

No, a green mat is not necessary for all types of LCD screens. It is most commonly used for computer monitors and other electronic displays, but it may not be needed for devices that are already designed to reduce glare and reflections.

5. Can I use any color mat under my LCD or does it have to be green?

You can use any color mat under your LCD, but green is the most commonly used color due to its ability to reduce glare and improve image quality. Other colors may not have the same effect and may even cause distractions while viewing the screen.