Project PF Proliferation - Free Gold Membership

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: I guess it's called "keyword searching"?...where you just type in a word or phrase and get back results with that exact match.
We are proud to present project PF Proliferation!

It's a very simple way to spread the word about PF and get free gold membership for 6 months!

What you do is print out the below PDF flyer. Post it on a university/college bulletin board or sign post (legally) and take a photo of it posted up. Upload the photo here (add what campus) and boom, instant gold membership and you help spread the word. Now what are you waiting for!? Go Go Go! :)

There are three versions. One that is heavy in color and the next is an ultra low ink flyer and a middle ground.

PhysicsForums_Flyerweb.png

Download high graphic printable flyer here (right-click "save link as"):
https://www.physicsforums.com/misc/PhysicsForums_Flyer.pdf

flyer_medium_previw.png

Download medium graphic printable flyer here (right-click "save link as"):
https://www.physicsforums.com/misc/PF_flyer_medium.pdf

PF_flyer_lowgraphic.png

Download low graphic printable flyer here (right-click "save link as"):
https://www.physicsforums.com/misc/PF_flyer_lowgraphic.pdf

Last edited:
Likes Math100, Likith D, ISamson and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
Oooh, I'll ask Evo Child to post. She had voluntered to help tutor English comp and grammar here because she wants to help PF, and she's a University tutor in those subjects.

can i blur out my face in the photo? :tongue:

Out of curiousity, what if you already have a Gold Membership? Would you get another one?

If not, I will do it anyway. I promote PF amongst all of my friends anyway since I truly believe it has an invaluable resource.

I also plan on subcribing to some of those free subscriptions! They look great!

And I will convince my girlfriend to do the Free Golf Membership thing. She just signed up for PF anyway :smile: (Though her screen name is lame, so we may have to do something about that; something a little more creative than her email address :wink:)

Saladsamurai said:
Out of curiousity, what if you already have a Gold Membership? Would you get another one?

Yes, I can add on years :)

Not strictly to the letter because my sensitivities to fragrances keep me out of most public spaces, but here goes. (I didn't post a picture of myself next to the notice, but that's OK - I'll re-up anyway Greg.) I took a run to the Kennebec Valley Technical College to post the notice. I accosted a young man to find out where the best place to post it might be, and he turned, hollered my name and ran over to my vehicle. I had no idea my young friend was taking classes, but he was on his way to Physiology class, and he promised to post the notice on the public bulletin board in the learning resource center. (Marden resource center). I explained the philosophy and workings of PF, and he seemed pretty excited about being able to help.

KVTech.jpg

Here's the school.
http://www.kvcc.me.edu/

With the down-turn in the economy, there are a lot of people taking technical courses to upgrade their skills, and they often are working part-time or full-time, caring for family, etc, and so having PF as an on-line resource that is accessible when their instructors are unavailable should be valuable.

turbo-1 said:
I explained the philosophy and workings of PF, and he seemed pretty excited.

Awesome! If you ever find his user name let me know :)

Greg Bernhardt said:
Awesome! If you ever find his user name let me know :)
I'll probably give him a call sometime and see if he signed up. There are two more colleges in town (including Colby College), so don't be surprised if he wants to score a Gold badge for himself, too. I told him how that works.

I showed this thread to my wife, and she was pumped. She know that I spend a lot of time here every day and that C**** and other young folks can get help here with scientific courses. So many young people are stressed and searching for ways to advance their careers. Kids going to Middlebury, Dartmouth, and Harvard have resources. Young adults flocking back to technical colleges and community colleges rarely have such resources and they deserve help. I'll re-up with pay-pal if that will help, Greg. The Proliferation program is a worthy enterprise, but PF users (aside from ad-revenue) should be willing to provide some financing. Your business-model is your own business, but you should consider letting us in on it...PF is valuable and should not wither due to lack of funding

I can't do this at a high school? ;D

what is gold membership anyways? JW because I like these forums, they entertain me o_O

Rubix said:
...what is gold membership anyways?

The main benefits (that I like) are that you don't see any ads, and you get to choose an avatar image. Here is the full list of gold membership benefits:

No ads,
recognition graphic,
set invisible,
custom title,
signature,
profile photo,
200pm limit,
who's online,
user notes,
boolean searching...​

To become a gold member, a.k.a. "PF Contributor", click the "Upgrade" link near the top left of the page. The cost is $15 per year.

turbo-1 said:
I'll re-up with pay-pal if that will help, Greg. The Proliferation program is a worthy enterprise, but PF users (aside from ad-revenue) should be willing to provide some financing. Your business-model is your own business, but you should consider letting us in on it...PF is valuable and should not wither due to lack of funding
I'm also willing to renew my gold membership with a paypal.

Redbelly98 said:
The main benefits (that I like) are that you don't see any ads, and you get to choose an avatar image. Here is the full list of gold membership benefits:

No ads,
recognition graphic,
set invisible,
custom title,
signature,
profile photo,
200pm limit,
who's online,
user notes,
boolean searching...​

To become a gold member, a.k.a. "PF Contributor", click the "Upgrade" link near the top left of the page. The cost is $15 per year.
What are "boolean searchings"?

fluidistic said:
I'm also willing to renew my gold membership with a paypal.What are "boolean searchings"?
Boolean searches let you use functional/conditional words like "or", "and" etc to filter search results instead of just getting hits on key-words.

turbo-1 said:
Boolean searches let you use functional/conditional words like "or", "and" etc to filter search results instead of just getting hits on key-words.

What if you give it to head department at our school to announce ?

Hey, glad to help out Physics Forums and become a gold member in the process.

Here I am next to the physics forums flyer just put up in the bulletin board at York University, Keele Campus.

My Camera has a bright flash

PFF.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump! Let's help Greg if we can. More eyeballs = more ad revenue and I hope the Gold propagation program is revenue-neutral. No worries, I re-upped through Paypal (CC option) and I hope others will keep current, too. PF is a kick-*** resource.

Anyway, my young friend is pursuing a new field and wants to become a physical therapist. He was on his way to Physiology class, so I didn't want to delay him, but I found out from my cousin (his mother-in-law) in a phone call tonight that he thought he bombed his first Anatomy test. He was tops in the class, and the prof asked him if he would mind tutoring other students in the class. No surprise, really - he is a really bright guy.

As you can see from his photo, he is a pretty fit guy, and he is into Tae Kwan Do and mixed martial arts. He also works crazy schedules managing a chain restaurant, going to school, etc, so I don't know if he has established a PF user account yet. I left a message on his cell tonight and hope to hear from him soon. There are a lot of unemployed, underemployed, and under-utilized people in our state's Technical College system these days, and I hope that they will take from and give back to PF.

My (2 yrs) younger cousin didn't attend a conventional university. He attended that little tech school in Fairfield, studying electronics, and came out with a pretty good foundation in programming. He landed a job writing code for the OTH backscatter radar system, and rose through the ranks very quickly until he was GE's top defense engineer. He has bounced around a lot of high-level defense jobs and was most recently the director of the last Hubble repair/upgrade mission. Not too bad for a kid from the river-country of central Maine.

Monocerotis said:
Hey, glad to help out Physics Forums and become a gold member in the process.

Here I am next to the physics forums flyer just put up in the bulletin board at York University, Keele Campus.

Awesome! You are now gold! :approve:

Here's mine at Northern Virginia Community College Physics department.

MyForumPic.jpg

Borg said:
Here's mine at Northern Virginia Community College Physics department.

Awesome! Gold membership for you!

This is awesome. And we get to see our good looking PFers too.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6328/physics2.jpg [Broken]

Photos were taken at UCLA Math Department. Sorry if they aren't as clear as they should be, I only had my camera phone with me at the time.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/135/image003po.jpg [Broken]

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/9598/image004sj.jpg [Broken]

I was going to take one today, but my camera was dead. I'll take one tomorrow.

It's not important to me if I get a Gold membership though I do like the idea. (I may put a code at the bottom that will identify me and give the code to someone important here such as the Boss. I've done something similar for a University. I travel quite a bit. I'll design something that mentions PHYSICSFORUMS then distribute the flyer on university campuses, bookstores, libraries, coffee shops, etc. :)

Hmm, now I wonder where the most people will see this if I place it on this board...

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/488/img6280.jpg [Broken]

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/4825/img6281m.jpg [Broken]

Although mine is black and white, I promise you people won't miss it on either of these boards.

(I want to give the gold membership to someone else, so someone PM me about that).

Lee College Science department

My what a fantastic smile working nights combined with an early exam can promote.

PFflyer.jpg

I forgot to mention, I'd like you to give the gold membership to djeitnstine. He seems like a good kid who posts in the aeroforums.

I attached a photograph of my poster at Western Michigan University. Ummm... I forgot to include myself, though? I also posted a link to the site on the discussion board for my online AP Physics class.

I'd really appreciate you adding on to my years! Thank you, and I really think that PhysicsForums is an extremely valuable resource!

Attachments

• IMAG0001.jpg
    IMAG0001.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 545
I come from china and see this forum completely by chance,just in my oppion,it's pretty good,first I to communicate with you ,also want to improve my English .I'm glad to be your friend.

Welcome gw_china, We hope you enjoy it here.

Here's the PF flyer at MIT's Infinite Corridor:

Attachments

• DSC00218.jpg
    DSC00218.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 677
  • DSC00217.jpg
    DSC00217.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 625
Mapes said:
Here's the PF flyer at MIT's Infinite Corridor:

Thanks Mapes! You are golden now :)

<h2>1. What is Project PF Proliferation?</h2><p>Project PF Proliferation is a research project focused on studying the effects of free gold membership on user behavior and engagement on online platforms. </p><h2>2. How does the free gold membership work?</h2><p>The free gold membership is a type of subscription that grants users access to additional features and benefits on the online platform. This membership is offered at no cost to users as part of the Project PF Proliferation research project.</p><h2>3. Who can participate in Project PF Proliferation?</h2><p>Anyone who is a registered user of the online platform and is eligible for the free gold membership can participate in Project PF Proliferation. Eligibility criteria may vary depending on the platform and the specific research project.</p><h2>4. What is the goal of Project PF Proliferation?</h2><p>The goal of Project PF Proliferation is to gather data and insights on the impact of free gold membership on user behavior and engagement. This research can help improve the platform's features and benefits for users in the future.</p><h2>5. Is participation in Project PF Proliferation confidential?</h2><p>Yes, all data and information collected during the research project will be kept confidential and used for research purposes only. User privacy and confidentiality are of utmost importance to the research team conducting Project PF Proliferation.</p>

1. What is Project PF Proliferation?

Project PF Proliferation is a research project focused on studying the effects of free gold membership on user behavior and engagement on online platforms.

2. How does the free gold membership work?

The free gold membership is a type of subscription that grants users access to additional features and benefits on the online platform. This membership is offered at no cost to users as part of the Project PF Proliferation research project.

3. Who can participate in Project PF Proliferation?

Anyone who is a registered user of the online platform and is eligible for the free gold membership can participate in Project PF Proliferation. Eligibility criteria may vary depending on the platform and the specific research project.

4. What is the goal of Project PF Proliferation?

The goal of Project PF Proliferation is to gather data and insights on the impact of free gold membership on user behavior and engagement. This research can help improve the platform's features and benefits for users in the future.

5. Is participation in Project PF Proliferation confidential?

Yes, all data and information collected during the research project will be kept confidential and used for research purposes only. User privacy and confidentiality are of utmost importance to the research team conducting Project PF Proliferation.