Project PF Proliferation - Free Gold Membership

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: I guess it's called "keyword searching"?...where you just type in a word or phrase and get back results with that exact match.
DuncanM said:
Are the terms still the same: six months Gold Membership for a link on a site but permanent for a photo?

Seems backwards. Flyers usually get torn down daily by janitorial staff, so the advertising is a lot more short-term. A link, on the other hand, is more long-term and can be checked daily to confirm it is still there.

It's not permanent if you put up a photo. Only a year/six months.

Physics news on Phys.org
Well I just made an account here. I have been lurking this site for like 2+ years. But good to be here. I will try to spread the word.

Just a question? What's the difference between a gold membership and a regular membership? I mena the benefits etc.

retro10x said:
University of Toronto, Canada :)

UFT campus or UTM campus? I'm on the UTM one

some two universities coming up soon , get ready Greg :)

Crazymechanic said:
some two universities coming up soon , get ready Greg :)

I'm here with my gold button! I'm ready! :)

Actually forgot about this I will see if I can get it done hopefully by next week.

Tornado Dragon said:
Actually forgot about this I will see if I can get it done hopefully by next week.

Did you get around to posting the flyer? :)

Greg Bernhardt said:
We are proud to present project PF Proliferation! It's a very simple way to spread the word about PF and get free gold membership for 6 months! What you do is print out the below PDF flyer. Post it on a university/college bulletin board or sign post (legally) and take a photo of it posted up. Post the photo here (add what campus) and boom, instant gold membership and you help spread the word. Now what are you waiting for!? Go Go Go! :smile:

You can also get 6 months gold membership by linking to PF on your website.

I shall do this when I get back to uni in the new year.

I have discussed the site with a number of my class mates that were previously unaware of the site and how beneficial it can be to have those knowledgeable in physics/maths available to help with problems when it is out of hours with our own teaching staff. + the great environment for satisfying curiosity.

BOAS said:
I shall do this when I get back to uni in the new year.

I have discussed the site with a number of my class mates that were previously unaware of the site and how beneficial it can be to have those knowledgeable in physics/maths available to help with problems when it is out of hours with our own teaching staff. + the great environment for satisfying curiosity.

Great work BOAS! I'm giving you gold in advance!

Greg Bernhardt said:
I'm giving you gold in advance!
One more reason why "You're the Man". :approve:

Greg Bernhardt said:

That's very kind of you, I shall post the pic here ASAP.

:)

Greg,

With the Gold Membership, could I add my links to my signature line? I am looking to promote my new book at Amazon related to physics praxis exam.

Gamma said:
Greg,

With the Gold Membership, could I add my links to my signature line? I am looking to promote my new book at Amazon related to physics praxis exam.

Yes Gold members get signature permissions, thanks!

https://twitter.com/taleilama/status/420737176838893568 [Broken] that's me twitter can I get gold membership please ? Sent from my iPhone using Physics Forums

Last edited by a moderator:
taleidelrey said:
https://twitter.com/taleilama/status/420737176838893568 [Broken] that's me twitter can I get gold membership please ? Sent from my iPhone using Physics Forums
I don't see why that would count. The point is to have a flyer on display at school. If we accept a twitter, then why not FB or an e-mail or IM or any other temporary media not intended for potential members?

(now watch Greg decide anything goes)

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes 1 person
taleidelrey said:

Share a favorite PF thread on your facebook wall too and we'll have a deal :)

Welcome to PF!

Last edited:
Sure, will let you know once done. Also, I will print off a flyer and post it at work this week. ;)

taleidelrey said:
Sure, will let you know once done. Also, I will print off a flyer and post it at work this week. ;)

Wow you're the best! Can't wait to see it!

I'll post a picture of it when have time!

Greg, did you get the new flyer out? I'm longing to popularize PF in my institute!:cool:
I don't have regular classes now but I'll post it in a month.

I'll have the new one up in two weeks. Until then post a link in your website/blog to get gold membership :)

I don't have my website or blog. It seems that next week is the last one and then the hols start. Would posting the old flyer do?

Greg Bernhardt said:

Hello,

apologies for the fact that it took me so long to do this, but here it is in the University of Sussex' library.

TG0zvy2.jpg

BOAS.

EDIT - oops, it's massive. Not sure how to change that...

Likes 1 person
BOAS said:
Hello,

apologies for the fact that it took me so long to do this, but here it is in the University of Sussex' library.

Well done BOAS!

Greg Bernhardt said:
We are proud to present project PF Proliferation! It's a very simple way to spread the word about PF and get free gold membership for 6 months! What you do is print out the below PDF flyer. Post it on a university/college bulletin board or sign post (legally) and take a photo of it posted up. Post the photo here (add what campus) and boom, instant gold membership and you help spread the word. Now what are you waiting for!? Go Go Go! :smile:

You can also get 6 months gold membership by linking to PF on your website.

My name is Duave, and I attend San Francisco State University in San Francisco California. I have posted a pic of me standing in my labcoat on the first floor of Thorton Hall. Thorton Hall is the Engineering and Sciences Building on Campus. I am a Materials Chemists. I woul like Gold Status So that I can receive more help with my electronics course this semester.
Thank you.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t31/1655247_10151937117490919_110438068_o.jpg

Maybe PF could plot an updateable map of where the PF flyers have been posted.

jedishrfu said:
Maybe PF could plot an updateable map of where the PF flyers have been posted.

Could be a fun idea, I'll look into it!

<h2>1. What is Project PF Proliferation?</h2><p>Project PF Proliferation is a research project focused on studying the effects of free gold membership on user behavior and engagement on online platforms. </p><h2>2. How does the free gold membership work?</h2><p>The free gold membership is a type of subscription that grants users access to additional features and benefits on the online platform. This membership is offered at no cost to users as part of the Project PF Proliferation research project.</p><h2>3. Who can participate in Project PF Proliferation?</h2><p>Anyone who is a registered user of the online platform and is eligible for the free gold membership can participate in Project PF Proliferation. Eligibility criteria may vary depending on the platform and the specific research project.</p><h2>4. What is the goal of Project PF Proliferation?</h2><p>The goal of Project PF Proliferation is to gather data and insights on the impact of free gold membership on user behavior and engagement. This research can help improve the platform's features and benefits for users in the future.</p><h2>5. Is participation in Project PF Proliferation confidential?</h2><p>Yes, all data and information collected during the research project will be kept confidential and used for research purposes only. User privacy and confidentiality are of utmost importance to the research team conducting Project PF Proliferation.</p>

1. What is Project PF Proliferation?

Project PF Proliferation is a research project focused on studying the effects of free gold membership on user behavior and engagement on online platforms.

2. How does the free gold membership work?

The free gold membership is a type of subscription that grants users access to additional features and benefits on the online platform. This membership is offered at no cost to users as part of the Project PF Proliferation research project.

3. Who can participate in Project PF Proliferation?

Anyone who is a registered user of the online platform and is eligible for the free gold membership can participate in Project PF Proliferation. Eligibility criteria may vary depending on the platform and the specific research project.

4. What is the goal of Project PF Proliferation?

The goal of Project PF Proliferation is to gather data and insights on the impact of free gold membership on user behavior and engagement. This research can help improve the platform's features and benefits for users in the future.

5. Is participation in Project PF Proliferation confidential?

Yes, all data and information collected during the research project will be kept confidential and used for research purposes only. User privacy and confidentiality are of utmost importance to the research team conducting Project PF Proliferation.