Congratulate Nereid on Her Promotion to Super Mentor - [Company Name]

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, Nereid has been promoted to super mentor and has received congratulations and praise from fellow members for her well-deserved achievement. There was also some discussion about the roles and responsibilities of different user classes on the forum. Nereid expresses her gratitude and thanks to her family and colleagues, as well as Gerald Kuiper for bringing her to the forum.
Thanks everyone for the support and encouragement.

Thanks to my parents, Nereus and Doris, and my sisters Thetis, Galatea, Amphitrite, Lotis, and all the others ... without you I wouldn't be here today. My thanks too to Gerald Kuiper for bringing me in from the cold.

I really do appreciate the kind words and the party prepared to celebrate this wonderful day, but I am unable to attend. However, to make it to you all, I declare my home open to all PF members and readers! My cellar with the best collection of chilled methane deliciously spiced with complex organics, tinted by colloidal interstellar dust with just a hint of diamond dust ... please, come drink your fill.

You know, it's getting kinda lonely out here, no visitors from Earth for over 15 years now, so I really, really would like you all to come. I'd love to show you my latest project, what I call the automatic crackpost analyser. Basically it creates a global measure of the crack content of PF posts (I use the term _bs_ for this metric), based on the mylencepHgravitocreato.999(etc) response from a carefully selected sample of PF readers upon reading a post. In this way, I don't have to read all the posts, just look at a list of posts ranked by _bs_. So far my research has shown _bs_ to be robust, in the field of crackpost science, with a correlation of x+iy, where x and y are quaternion solutions to the famous tamreF equation.

Anyway, enough prattle from Nereid; it's great to be here, this is a wonderful, unique site on the internet ... please raise your glasses in a toast to PF and all its members!

Physics news on Phys.org
Can Nereid ever be promoted again, or has she hit the glass ceiling? What more could there be in the way of titles? Maybe Fuehreress of the Outer Nebulae and Prussia Too?

Congratulations, Nereid! I've been waiting for THIS party for a long time! :biggrin:

You mean a takeover?

Exactly! The COOLEST ones are takin' over this place now! :biggrin: :rofl:

(Did you read Nereid's acceptance speech? Isn't she just the classiest...? Just awesome. The Force IS with her! :biggrin:)

Tsunami said:

(Did you read Nereid's acceptance speech? Isn't she just the classiest...? Just awesome. The Force IS with her! :biggrin:)
That was a great acceptance speech, but I would expect no less of our beloved Nereid. :approve:

Just as I suspected; a coup attempt is eminent..

Tsunami said:
You dames will live long enough to regret this treachery!
You'll slip up, your kind always do... :biggrin:

Yes, the Force is strong in this one. Stay in attack formation, I'm on the leader...I have you now ! :tongue:

Dream on! :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Boulderhead, us advisors don't get any special priviledges or permissions, just a nifty medal to accessorize our lab coats :biggrin: I think you have it right about mentors and super mentors.

PF veterans will remember that we used to have official "Advisors" who did help administratively (Nereid was one). They had access to the mentor forum & helped keep things on-track. But they have since retired or been promoted and now the "advisors" are the medal-holders that we just wanted to thank for being great members.