Transistor Amplifier: Quick Question -Vee Equivalent & Parameters

In summary, Vee is the emitter bias voltage and Vcc is the collector bias voltage. The attached image shows a circuit with a voltage of -12V, which means it is running between +/-12V.
Bassalisk
I have a quick question.

I can't find anywhere the answer in my textbook. What is this -Vee in attached image? And how do you equivalent that?

And it says here in given parameters that -Vee=-12 V, isn't that +12 V?

Attachments

• 06f9099ce54e01f55f3bdac1d6389313.jpg
    06f9099ce54e01f55f3bdac1d6389313.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 469
Engineering news on Phys.org
Bassalisk said:
I have a quick question.

I can't find anywhere the answer in my textbook. What is this -Vee in attached image? And how do you equivalent that?

And it says here in given parameters that -Vee=-12 V, isn't that +12 V?

Vee is the emitter bias voltage, and Vcc is the collector bias voltage. Looks like they are running this circuit between +/-12V.

Thanks

1. What is a transistor amplifier?

A transistor amplifier is an electronic device that uses transistors to amplify electrical signals. It is commonly used in electronic circuits to increase the strength or amplitude of a weak signal.

2. What is the Vee equivalent in a transistor amplifier?

The Vee equivalent is the voltage source connected to the emitter of a transistor that determines the operating point and biasing of the amplifier. It is typically a negative voltage that controls the amount of current flowing through the transistor.

3. What are the parameters of a transistor amplifier?

The parameters of a transistor amplifier include its gain, bandwidth, input and output impedance, and distortion. These parameters determine the performance and characteristics of the amplifier.

4. How do I calculate the gain of a transistor amplifier?

The gain of a transistor amplifier can be calculated by dividing the output voltage by the input voltage. It can also be calculated using the ratio of output current to input current or by using the transistor's h-parameter values.

5. What is biasing in a transistor amplifier?

Biasing in a transistor amplifier refers to the process of applying a DC voltage to the transistor to establish its operating point. This ensures that the transistor is in the active region and can amplify the input signal without distortion.