Setting Quality Targets: Analyzing Call Centre Performance

In summary, the call centre has a quality target of answering calls within 30 seconds and the results show a normal distribution with an average answer time of 28 seconds and a standard deviation of 2 seconds. To find the percentage of customers who are waiting too long, you can calculate the area under the normal distribution curve that falls outside of the range of -1 standard deviation to +1 standard deviation from the mean. This percentage is approximately 32% and represents the proportion of customers who are still being kept waiting too long.
xargon
Hi,

This is not a physics question. However, I was hoping someone could help me.

A call centre sets a quality target of answering the telephone within 30 seconds. The results of monitoring show a normal distribution with an average answer time of 28 seconds and a standard deviation of 2 seconds.
question: what percentage of customers are still being kept waiting too long?

Thanks,

xargon

Physics news on Phys.org
1 SD to the right of the mean is 30 s. I think you need to work out P(Z < 30) and take that away from 1, though I can't remember how to do that.

about 68% of the area of the normal distribution lies between minus 1 sd and plus sd from the mean. So I think you can find the answer from there by yourself...

1. What are quality targets and why are they important for call centre performance?

Quality targets are specific goals or standards set by a call centre to measure the quality of their customer interactions. These targets are important because they provide a benchmark for call centre agents to strive towards, ultimately leading to improved customer satisfaction and retention.

2. How do you determine the appropriate quality targets for a call centre?

The appropriate quality targets for a call centre can be determined by analyzing historical data, conducting customer surveys, and considering industry standards. It is important to set targets that are challenging yet attainable for call centre agents.

3. What are some key performance indicators (KPIs) used to measure call centre performance?

Some common KPIs for call centre performance include average handle time, first call resolution rate, customer satisfaction score, and call abandonment rate. These indicators help to track the efficiency and effectiveness of a call centre's operations.

4. How often should quality targets be reviewed and adjusted?

Quality targets should be regularly reviewed and adjusted as needed. This can be done on a quarterly or annual basis, depending on the specific needs of the call centre. It is important to continuously monitor performance and make necessary changes to ensure targets are relevant and achievable.

5. How can call centre agents be motivated to meet quality targets?

Call centre agents can be motivated to meet quality targets through incentives and recognition for meeting or exceeding targets. Providing regular feedback and training opportunities can also help agents improve their performance and reach their goals. Additionally, creating a positive and supportive work environment can boost morale and motivation among call centre staff.