Interested in a General Knowledge Quiz during Chat?

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter Hootenanny
  • Start date
In summary, the Physics Forums Quiz will be resurrected this coming Sunday and is just for fun! Anyone is welcome to join and/or participate.
Hootenanny said:
Reminder: Quiz tonight 2100 GMT
That's 4:00 pm real time.

Physics news on Phys.org
Awesome Borek!

And a huge thanks to A_B for keeping track of scores!

Great job Borek, thanks. What your scoring table reflects is exactly what I suspected. Even if you ignored the business of -2 for a wrong guess, Kurdt easily supplied the most right answers. He was a clear winner. Well done Kurdt.

Congratulations to Kurdt for a well deserved victory!

Many thanks to Borek, Evo & A_B without whom we would have been in a complete mess with the scoring system!

I'll donate the membership to the next person in the quiz that isn't already gold.

Thank you Hoot for doing the quiz!

Congratulations Kurdt!

Thanks a lot Hoot, AB, Borek, Evo for a wonderful evening!

And congratz Kurdt!

Kurdt said:
I'll donate the membership to the next person in the quiz that isn't already gold.

This is tricky. If following results to the letter, second was Ivan - who was kidnapped by his family just after giving wrong answer to the first question.

Borek said:
This is tricky. If following results to the letter, second was Ivan - who was kidnapped by his family just after giving wrong answer to the first question.
I believe we decided that people that didn't participate for the entire quiz weren't eligible to win.

Perhaps kurdt would like to award A_B since they participated for the entire quiz, and was the only one of us that was 100% accurate on the scores! They, I believe, also are the next in line of scores for full participation anyway.

Last edited:
Aww, I just read some of the quiz transcript. You guys were waiting for me? That's so sweet! Sorry I didn't make it, I had to take my mom to the ER because she got bit by a bug she was allergic to. I was getting in the car with her at exactly quiz start, I was so sad!

ArcanaNoir said:
Aww, I just read some of the quiz transcript. You guys were waiting for me? That's so sweet! Sorry I didn't make it, I had to take my mom to the ER because she got bit by a bug she was allergic to. I was getting in the car with her at exactly quiz start, I was so sad!
Oh no! Is she ok?

Evo said:
Oh no! Is she ok?

Yeah, she's fine. It wasn't an anaphylactic shock type allergy, just that she'd get puffy over a large area and super itchy and it could get complicated. But since we went in right away she just got a shot and she was fine. Some timing. I should have made her wait an hour :P

I'm sure you can all sort yourselves out as to who is eligible for the free contributor status.

Evo said:
I believe we decided that people that didn't participate for the entire quiz weren't eligible to win.

Perhaps kurdt would like to award A_B since they participated for the entire quiz, and was the only one of us that was 100% accurate on the scores! They, I believe, also are the next in line of scores for full participation anyway.

Kurdt said:
I'm sure you can all sort yourselves out as to who is eligible for the free contributor status.

Sorry I wasn't able to make it to chat this time. I wouldn't mind contributing a GOLD membership to someone. Just let me know how and I'll submit a paypal payment.