Anybody love Sirius Music as much as me?

• Music
  • Thread starter Les Sleeth
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Love Music
In summary, Dish offers about 100 Sirius digital music channels with no commercials, each dedicated to a different type of music. However, it was suggested to add a channel for Brazilian-like Jazz and one for three-part harmony vocals. The speaker is torn between choosing Sirius or XM.
Les Sleeth
Gold Member
I subscribe to Dish, and part of what they offer is Sirius digital music channels. About 100 channels, no commercials (except for Sirius' own), and each channel dedicated to a different type of music. Every variety of music one can imagine can be found (though if it were my company, I'd add a channel dedicated to Brazilian-like Jazz - e.g. jazzy bosa nova, samba, etc.). Run it through your stereo, and it's a great way to discover new music.

Science news on Phys.org
Okay. I'd also add a channel dedicated to (at least) three-part harmony vocals. I surf channels all the time looking for it. When the movie "O' Brother Where Art Thou" came out, I couldn't believe they cut some of the songs short to continue with the movie! What the hell were they thinkin'? :rolleyes:

Now the question is, Do we go Sirius or XM?

1. What is Sirius Music?

Sirius Music is a satellite radio service that offers a variety of commercial-free music channels in various genres.

2. How does Sirius Music work?

Sirius Music works by using satellites to transmit radio signals to receivers, which can be installed in cars or homes. Users pay a subscription fee to access the service and can listen to music on-demand or on specific channels.

3. Is Sirius Music only available in the United States?

No, Sirius Music is also available in Canada and parts of Latin America.

4. Can I listen to Sirius Music on my phone or computer?

Yes, Sirius Music offers a streaming service called SiriusXM Internet Radio that can be accessed on smartphones, computers, and other devices.

5. Is there a free trial for Sirius Music?

Yes, Sirius Music offers a 3-month free trial for new subscribers. After the trial period, users will need to pay a subscription fee to continue using the service.

Back