Can Lightning Be Utilized to Create an Anti-Gravitational Device?

In summary: There's no telling whether or not this could work in theory. However, using lightning to create an anti-gravitational effect is not a practical solution.
B166ER
i was wondering if using the principle of lightning and how it works, could be harnessed to make a anti-gravitational device using strong electromagnets and a enormous amount of power. but in theory could it work?

Physics news on Phys.org
Would you elaborate on what is meant by "the principle of lightening"? I have not heard of that.

Its going to take a bit more then lightning in any form for anti gravity.

The electro-magnetic force just dosent effect gravity very much.

principle of lightening

i was refurring to the way lightning works how it pulls the positive electrons out of the Earth's crust and causes the clouds negative electrons to create a spark or lightening

Lifting something with a magnet, whether electro-magnet or not, is not "anti-gravity".

Yup, and nor is hoisting a weight with a rope.

Not "lightning".

"lightening"!

"That's so crazy it just might work!"

Basically, the only anti-gravitation device I'll accept of that name, is a device which reduces the value of big G. I haven't seen any such devices yet.

B166ER said:
i was refurring to the way lightning works how it pulls the positive electrons out of the Earth's crust and causes the clouds negative electrons to create a spark or lightening

Ah, LIGHTNING. The way you spelled it, I pictured a spiritual master and his students sitting on cushions and bouncing up and down, trying to levitate. :rofl:

B166ER said:
i was wondering if using the principle of lightning and how it works, could be harnessed to make a anti-gravitational device using strong electromagnets and a enormous amount of power. but in theory could it work?
You have to say what you mean by "anti-gravitational device". If you simply mean something that lifts massive things against gravity and uses a possibly enormous amount of power, then a simple elevator already qualifies.

B166ER said:

The short answer is no.

Is your definition of anti-gravity something that cuts out or in someway distorts the gravitational field enough to limit gravity's effects, OR is it mearly using a force against gravity to lift something up. In the latter case you could consider yourself an anti gravity device, since you can pick things up.

What is an Anti-Gravitational Device?

An Anti-Gravitational Device is a theoretical technology that could potentially counteract or manipulate the force of gravity, allowing for objects to levitate or move without the influence of this force.

How does an Anti-Gravitational Device work?

The exact mechanism of how an Anti-Gravitational Device would work is still unknown, as it is currently only a concept. However, some theories suggest that it could use advanced electromagnetic fields or manipulation of space-time to create an anti-gravity effect.

Is it possible to create an Anti-Gravitational Device?

As of now, there is no scientific evidence or proven technology that can create an Anti-Gravitational Device. The concept is still in the realm of science fiction and would require significant advancements in our understanding of gravity and technology to become a reality.

What are the potential uses of an Anti-Gravitational Device?

If an Anti-Gravitational Device were to be created, it could have a wide range of applications, including transportation, space travel, and even energy generation. It could also have practical uses in lifting and moving heavy objects without the need for traditional mechanical methods.

Are there any risks associated with an Anti-Gravitational Device?

As with any new technology, there could be potential risks and challenges associated with the development and use of an Anti-Gravitational Device. It would require thorough testing and research to ensure its safety and effectiveness before it could be used on a larger scale.