Tex on Nexus 7: Why Aren't Characters Showing?

• Thread starter Zeta2
  • Start date
In summary, characters may not be showing up in Tex on Nexus 7 due to a font compatibility issue, a glitch in the app, or a compatibility issue with the device's operating system. To fix this problem, you can try updating the app, changing the font settings, clearing the app's cache, or contacting the app developers for assistance. While there are some known solutions, the issue may not be very common and it is best to seek support from the app developers if these solutions do not work. It may still be possible to use the app without the missing characters, but it may be necessary to find an alternative app if the missing characters are essential for its proper functioning.
Zeta2
I'm using nexus 7 and the characters aren't showing. Instead I see the TeX syntax. Why is this?

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you allow JavaScript (in particular, JavaScript from MathJax)?

Well I am using the app you guys have on the market. If I use the web, all is well and I can see it, but not through the physics forum app

1. Why aren't characters showing up in Tex on Nexus 7?

There could be several reasons why characters are not showing up in Tex on Nexus 7. One common reason is that the font used in the app may not be supported by the device. Another reason could be a compatibility issue with the app and the device's operating system. It could also be a glitch or bug in the app itself.

2. How can I fix the issue of characters not appearing in Tex on Nexus 7?

First, try updating the app to the latest version. If that doesn't work, try changing the font settings in the app. You can also try clearing the app's cache or reinstalling the app. If the issue persists, it may be a compatibility issue that can only be resolved by the app developers.

3. Are there any known solutions to this problem?

Yes, there are some solutions that have worked for other users. These include changing the font settings, clearing the app's cache, and updating the app to the latest version. However, if these solutions do not work, it may be necessary to contact the app developers for further assistance.

4. Is this a common issue with Tex on Nexus 7?

It is not a very common issue, but it has been reported by some users. It may depend on the specific device and operating system being used, as well as the version of the app. If you are experiencing this issue, it is best to contact the app developers for support.

5. Can I still use Tex on Nexus 7 if characters are not showing up?

It may still be possible to use the app, depending on your needs. If the missing characters are not essential for your use of the app, you may still be able to use it. However, if the missing characters are necessary for the app to function properly, it may be best to seek a solution to the issue or find an alternative app.