Giant Graphics: How to Fix Super-sized Images

• Thread starter jim mcnamara
  • Start date
In summary, to resize a giant image, you can use photo editing software or online image resizers. The ideal size for a giant graphic depends on its purpose and resolution, and pixelation can be fixed by increasing resolution or using a smaller size. You can make a giant image smaller without losing quality by using software or online compressors with "lossless" compression. An image is considered too large if it takes a long time to load or exceeds recommended size, and you can use an online image size checker to determine this.
jim mcnamara
Mentor
I've seen this several times:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=686534

Note: that it may get fixed by a mentor. It is GIANT graphic.

The graphic is really huge. Personally, I have seen this only since the upgrade. So is it related to new vBulltetin forum software or just some odd chance?

Physics news on Phys.org
This is another case where the post should have been reported instead of responded to. Although the new version in chrome prevents the entire thread from being skewed, it's still a pain.

Corrected.

But yes, please report such situations as soon as you see them.

1. How do I resize a giant image?

To resize a giant image, you can use photo editing software such as Photoshop or GIMP. These programs have tools that allow you to change the image size without losing quality. You can also use online image resizers, but be aware that they may compress the image and affect its quality.

2. What is the ideal size for a giant graphic?

The ideal size for a giant graphic depends on its purpose and where it will be displayed. For web use, the recommended size is usually no more than 1920 pixels wide. For print, the resolution should be at least 300 pixels per inch (ppi) to ensure a high-quality image.

3. How do I fix pixelation in a giant image?

Pixilation in a giant image can be fixed by using photo editing software to increase the resolution or using a smaller image size. You can also try using a higher quality original image or using a higher resolution camera when taking the photo.

4. Can I make a giant image smaller without losing quality?

Yes, you can make a giant image smaller without losing quality by using photo editing software with a "lossless" compression feature. This means that the image will not lose any quality when it is compressed. Alternatively, you can use an online image compressor, but be sure to choose one that offers lossless compression.

5. How do I know if an image is too large?

An image is considered too large if it takes a long time to load or causes the website it is displayed on to load slowly. It is also too large if it exceeds the recommended size for its purpose, such as being too wide for a web page. You can use an online image size checker to determine if your image is too large.