OligoTex mRNA Isolation Columns (QIAGEN, Valencia, CA)

• Thread starter mountain
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Isolation
In summary, OligoTex mRNA Isolation Columns are specialized columns used for isolating and purifying mRNA from various samples. They use oligo(dT) primers to specifically bind to the poly(A) tails of mRNA molecules. The columns work by lysing the sample, binding the mRNA to the primers, washing away contaminants, and eluting purified mRNA for downstream applications. They can be used with a wide range of samples and offer highly pure and concentrated mRNA preparations. However, they have some limitations, such as not being suitable for non-polyadenylated mRNA or small RNA purification, and may require additional pre-processing steps for optimal results.
mountain
I am looking for this kit but i can't find it. Can someone help me? OligoTex mRNA isolation columns (QIAGEN, Valencia, CA)

I will use this for isolation of mRNA .

Thank you.

Biology news on Phys.org
http://www1.qiagen.com/Products/Listing.aspx?sort=name
If you scroll down to "O" there's a bunch of OligoTex products.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello, I understand your frustration in not being able to find the OligoTex mRNA isolation columns. Have you tried contacting QIAGEN directly to inquire about the availability of the kit? They may be able to provide you with more information and assist you in obtaining the kit. Additionally, you can also check with other suppliers or distributors to see if they have the kit in stock. I hope you are able to find the kit and successfully isolate the mRNA you need. Best of luck!

What is OligoTex mRNA Isolation Columns?

OligoTex mRNA Isolation Columns are specialized columns that are used for the isolation and purification of mRNA from a variety of samples, including cells, tissues, and biofluids. These columns utilize oligo(dT) primers to specifically bind to the poly(A) tails of mRNA molecules and separate them from other nucleic acids.

How do OligoTex mRNA Isolation Columns work?

The OligoTex mRNA Isolation Columns work by first lysing the sample and binding the mRNA to the oligo(dT) primers on the surface of the columns. The columns are then washed to remove any contaminants, and the purified mRNA is eluted for downstream applications such as gene expression analysis or cDNA synthesis.

What types of samples can be used with OligoTex mRNA Isolation Columns?

OligoTex mRNA Isolation Columns can be used with a variety of samples, including cultured cells, animal tissues, plant tissues, and biofluids such as blood or saliva. The columns are compatible with a wide range of starting materials and can efficiently isolate mRNA from both small and large amounts of sample.

What are the advantages of using OligoTex mRNA Isolation Columns?

One of the main advantages of using OligoTex mRNA Isolation Columns is their ability to provide highly pure and concentrated mRNA preparations. The columns are also quick and easy to use, and can be scaled up or down depending on the amount of starting material. Additionally, the isolated mRNA is suitable for a variety of downstream applications.

Are there any limitations to using OligoTex mRNA Isolation Columns?

While OligoTex mRNA Isolation Columns are highly efficient and reliable, there are some limitations to consider. These columns are not suitable for the isolation of non-polyadenylated mRNA or for the purification of small RNAs. Additionally, some samples may require additional pre-processing steps before using the columns for optimal results.