Exploring the Fascinating Fibonacci Sequence: A Beginner's Guide

• Thread starter Leopold Infeld
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sequence
In summary, The Fibonacci Sequence is a sequence where each number is the sum of the two preceding ones, starting from 0 and 1. There are various websites available for further information, including Wikipedia and Mathworld, as well as a thread on the Physics Forums website. Some of these resources may be more technical or rigorous and have a list of references for further research. Additionally, there may be a way to download entire threads onto a hard disk, but it is not clear if this is possible.
Leopold Infeld
I want to know more about the Fibonacci Sequence. I have read some about it but I still don't know all about. Can anyone tell me something about it or refer me to some good sites about it?

Physics news on Phys.org
The Wikipedia Site Didnt work

Do you guys have a much more rigorous site, something of a research level?
Not that i would understand but i like collecting hard maths documents.

Very much appreciated.
:tongue:

The Wikipedia site worked for me. Check the links at the bottom of the Wiki page, the have a few including one to the Fibbonacci Quarterly journal.

The Mathworld page has a pretty exensive looking list of references, you might want to peruse them.

Sorry, Wikpedia worked the next time I connected.
Do u guys know how to download a whole thread into a hard disk?
I tried the link given by PF but it gave me a text file, and saving the page by my browser didnt produce the LaTex graphics offline. Again,

Much Appreciated

What is the Fibonacci Sequence?

The Fibonacci Sequence is a mathematical sequence in which each number is the sum of the two preceding ones, starting from 0 and 1. So, the sequence goes 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, and so on.

Who discovered the Fibonacci Sequence?

The Fibonacci Sequence was named after Leonardo Pisano Bigollo, also known as Fibonacci, an Italian mathematician in the 13th century. However, the sequence was known to Indian mathematicians before him.

Where is the Fibonacci Sequence found in nature?

The Fibonacci Sequence can be found in many natural phenomena, such as the branching of trees, the arrangement of leaves on a stem, the spiral pattern of shells, and the breeding patterns of rabbits.

What is the significance of the Fibonacci Sequence?

The Fibonacci Sequence has many applications in mathematics and science, including in computer algorithms, financial analysis, and population growth models. It also showcases the beauty and harmony found in nature.

How can the Fibonacci Sequence be extended?

The Fibonacci Sequence can be extended by adding the previous two numbers to get the next number in the sequence. For example, the next number after 21 would be 34 (21+13=34).