Watch Etera Livine's Talk on DSR and Holography at Perimeter Institute

• Thread starter marcus
  • Start date
In summary, Etera Livine's talk at the Perimeter Institute discussed the concept of duality between discrete space and continuous space in the context of holography. Livine highlighted the potential of this duality to provide a deeper understanding of quantum gravity and its relationship with classical gravity. She also presented recent developments in the field, including the use of discrete geometries and spin networks to describe the holographic principle. The talk emphasized the importance of exploring this duality and its implications for our understanding of the fundamental nature of the universe.
marcus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Etera sometimes shows up here at PF.
He's giving a talk right about now at Perimeter and talks in that seminar series are often put online as video

I am curious to see if a recording of his talk gets posted. I would like to watch it. The topic is
"Topics in DSR: Dirac observables, the 5th dimension and holography"

If it gets posted online it will be at
http://streamer.perimeterinstitute.ca:81/mediasite/viewer/

where you click on "seminar series" in the sidebar menu on the left

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
marcus said:
If it gets posted online it will be at
http://streamer.perimeterinstitute.ca:81/mediasite/viewer/

where you click on "seminar series" in the sidebar menu on the left

Dog gone, Etera got passed up in the streamingmedia postings. But they show availability for a 21 February talk on MOND by Joao Magueijo.
I will check it out and say if I think it is interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
, and then click on the "Etera Livine's Talk on DSR and Holography" title.

I am always interested in learning about new developments and ideas in my field. I am especially intrigued by Etera Livine's talk on DSR and holography at the Perimeter Institute. I am eager to see if a recording of the talk will be posted online, as it would be a valuable resource for me to further my understanding of these topics. I will definitely keep an eye out for it on the Perimeter Institute's website, and I am looking forward to watching it if it becomes available.

1. What is DSR?

DSR stands for Doubly Special Relativity, which is a proposed modification to Einstein's theory of Special Relativity. It suggests that in addition to the speed of light being a constant, there may also be a maximum energy and a minimum length scale in the universe.

2. How does DSR relate to holography?

Holography is a principle in physics that suggests the information about a three-dimensional object can be stored on a two-dimensional surface. DSR incorporates this principle by proposing that the information about a three-dimensional space-time can be encoded on a two-dimensional space-time boundary.

3. What is the Perimeter Institute?

The Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics is an independent research center located in Ontario, Canada. It focuses on understanding the fundamental laws of nature through research in areas such as quantum gravity, cosmology, and string theory.

4. Who is Etera Livine?

Etera Livine is a theoretical physicist and professor at the University of Lyon in France. She is known for her research in the field of quantum gravity and her contributions to the development of DSR theory.

5. How can I watch Etera Livine's talk on DSR and holography at Perimeter Institute?

The talk is available to watch on the Perimeter Institute's YouTube channel. You can also find information about upcoming talks and events on their website.