Portugal 1-0 Angola: Who Scored?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, Portugal defeated Angola 1-0 in a soccer match, with the winning goal scored by Portugal's player, Goncalo Guedes.
1-0 early in the game, who scored?

Physics news on Phys.org
Pauleta, in the third minute.

I use http://www.google.com/ig as my homepage and they added a content box that lists the day's games including who scored what goal and when as well as upcoming matches and standings.

You should check it out.

I was out all day so missed todays action :( must say Greg this is a great idea.. I can catch up before the highlights tonight :)

1:0 for Portugal

Such a beuy...ta...fuul shoot no one ever forgets.

Whew, that was a long game. Portugal sure missed Deco, but Figo started the game really well, that first goal was all his. Didn't like the way Angola played at all, lots of fouls and they didn't seem too worried about scoring, even when down by one.

You know both the goalkeepers' second name was Ricardo. :biggrin:

-Job- said:
Whew, that was a long game. Portugal sure missed Deco, but Figo started the game really well, that first goal was all his. Didn't like the way Angola played at all, lots of fouls and they didn't seem too worried about scoring, even when down by one.
I was kind of puzzled when Angola pulled their only threatening player. His first bicycle attempt missed the ball completely, his second was too high, but surely his third ... And he had such nice hair, too.

Portugal should have buried these guys and built up a goal differential. Of course, with this group, only a major screw-up will keep Mexico and Portugal from advancing.

1. Who scored the only goal for Portugal in the match against Angola?

The only goal for Portugal in the match against Angola was scored by striker Pauleta.

2. How did the goal for Portugal against Angola happen?

The goal for Portugal against Angola was scored in the 4th minute of the match through a header by Pauleta from a cross by midfielder Luis Figo.

3. Did Angola have any chances to score in the match against Portugal?

Yes, Angola had a few chances to score, including a shot from Mateus in the second half that hit the post, but were unable to convert any of them into a goal.

4. Who was the man of the match in the Portugal vs. Angola game?

The man of the match in the Portugal vs. Angola game was midfielder Luis Figo, who provided the assist for the winning goal and was a key player in Portugal's attack throughout the game.

5. Was this the first time Portugal and Angola faced each other in a football match?

No, this was not the first time Portugal and Angola faced each other in a football match. They had previously played against each other in a friendly match in 2001, which ended in a 5-1 victory for Portugal.