Ideas for an Engineering Essay

In summary: So, PT Cruisers continue to get better fuel economy than Dodge trucks despite being smaller and less powerful!In summary, the PT Cruiser is a good example of how government influences the type of products that are made.
Cypher49
Hi everyone
I’m doing an engineering course at school and we need to write a 2000 word essay on why engineers have failed society (you can choose to agree or disagree)

The description for the essay is:
Engineers have failed society by designing products that have high energy consumption and are not environmentally friendly. Evaluate this statement with reference to the automobile industry, the construction industry or energy production.

I plan to disagree with the statement and say that its governments and big businesses that influence the type of products we use and slowing down any new 'green' products

the thing is I don’t think i can write 2000 words about it because truth be told i actually don't know what to write about, so the reason I’m posting here is to ask if anyone can give me some ideas on what to focus and write about and to find reliable sources of information

Any help will be great

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Cypher49 said:
Hi everyone
I’m doing an engineering course at school and we need to write a 2000 word essay on why engineers have failed society (you can choose to agree or disagree)

The description for the essay is:
Engineers have failed society by designing products that have high energy consumption and are not environmentally friendly. Evaluate this statement with reference to the automobile industry, the construction industry or energy production.

I plan to disagree with the statement and say that its governments and big businesses that influence the type of products we use and slowing down any new 'green' products

the thing is I don’t think i can write 2000 words about it because truth be told i actually don't know what to write about, so the reason I’m posting here is to ask if anyone can give me some ideas on what to focus and write about and to find reliable sources of information

Any help will be great

Thanks

I need much help myself with this... :(

You might want to research the history of CAFE standards in the auto industry. One little wrinkle involves the Plymouth PT Cruiser. It's a little station wagon on a Neon body. Somehow, lobbyists got the Feds to re-classify it as a "truck" so that its high fuel economy (averaged in with real trucks) would allow Dodge to avoid improving fuel economy in its truck fleet.

1. What is an engineering essay?

An engineering essay is a type of academic paper that focuses on discussing ideas, theories, and concepts related to engineering. It typically requires extensive research and analysis of various engineering topics and may include case studies, experiments, and data analysis.

2. How do I come up with ideas for an engineering essay?

There are several ways to come up with ideas for an engineering essay. You can start by brainstorming topics that interest you or are relevant to your field of study. You can also read research papers, attend conferences and seminars, or consult with your professor for inspiration.

3. What are some potential topics for an engineering essay?

Some potential topics for an engineering essay could include discussing the latest advancements in a specific field of engineering, addressing a current issue or challenge in the industry, exploring the impact of technology on engineering, or analyzing a case study of a successful engineering project.

4. What should be included in an engineering essay?

An engineering essay should include a clear introduction that presents the topic and its significance, a well-structured body that discusses the main points and provides evidence to support them, and a conclusion that summarizes the key findings and their implications. It should also include proper citations and references.

5. What skills are needed to write a successful engineering essay?

To write a successful engineering essay, you need to have strong research skills, critical thinking abilities, and the ability to analyze data and draw logical conclusions. You should also have excellent writing skills to effectively communicate your ideas and findings. Additionally, time-management and organization skills are crucial to ensure that you complete the essay on time and in an organized manner.