Retaking courses at different universities.

In summary, the person is currently at a university with a poor analysis sequence due to an incompetent teacher. They are wondering if it is detrimental for them to take the analysis sequence at their current university before transferring to another university. They are considering taking it now and then applying for transfer credit at the new university. They are not concerned if it does not transfer, but rather if retaking it at the new university will harm them in any way. They are seeking validation for their position and express frustration with the current instructor.
Skrew
I am currently at a university and will be moving to another, the university that I am at has a really poor analysis sequence(due to the teacher being incompetent at teaching).

I am wondering if it's detrimental to me to take the analysis sequence at my current university since I almost assuredly will be taking it again at the university I move to, is there a reason I should wait?

I assumed I should take it anyway as I can always just retake it at the next university but I want to make sure that this is the correct position to take. That no inherent damage is done to me by taking it twice?

Physics news on Phys.org
Will it transfer?

lurky said:
Will it transfer?

I do not know.

If it were me, I would take the course now and then apply for transfer credit at the new place.

lurky said:
If it were me, I would take the course now and then apply for transfer credit at the new place.

My problem isn't even if it doesn't transfer, I wouldn't really mind. My main concern is if taking it again at the next university after taking it at my current one will damage me in some way?

I assume not but I want someone else to validate my position.

It really ticks me off how terrible the analysis instructor is at my current university but I will save my ranting for another thread.

1. Can I retake a course at a different university?

Yes, you can retake a course at a different university. However, it is important to check with your current university to ensure that the credits from the retaken course will transfer and count towards your degree requirements.

2. Will retaking a course at a different university affect my GPA?

It depends on the policies of your current university. Some universities will replace the original grade with the new one, while others will calculate both grades into your GPA. Be sure to check with your university's policies before retaking a course at a different university.

3. How many times can I retake a course at different universities?

This also depends on your university's policies. Some universities have a limit on the number of times a course can be retaken, while others do not. It is important to check with your university's policies before retaking a course at a different university.

4. Can I retake a course at a different university for a better grade?

Yes, retaking a course at a different university can improve your grade. However, keep in mind that some universities have a policy where only the credit for the first attempt will count towards your degree requirements. Again, it is important to check with your university's policies before retaking a course at a different university.

5. Will the credits from a retaken course at a different university transfer to my current university?

It depends on the policies of your current university and the course's equivalency at the different university. It is best to check with your current university to determine if the credits will transfer before retaking the course at a different university.