Unexpected Acts of Kindness: Surprising Results!

• Thread starter Tregg Smith
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation involves the topic of being chronically upbeat and spreading positivity in the workplace and personal relationships. The speaker shares how their supervisor and they exchange compliments and how it has had a positive impact. They also mention a past experience of spreading kindness and the surprising results it had. The conversation ends with a humorous remark about feeling better at the end of the day after a challenging work day.
Tregg Smith
My supervisor at work is chronically upbeat. She works at inspiring her people. She says things like "you're just fantastic!" or "you're just the best!". So I started saying similar things back to her and she will say "No you're the best!". And we laugh. The other day she walked by some of us and said "I just wanted to say how much I love all of you." We all looked at each other. So the other day I said to my wife "you're the best!" Wow it really made a positive impact on her. Better than the old 'I love you'. Try this with those in your life and see what happens. Let me know. Doing nice and unexpected things for people can have suprising results. One time at this hospital where I worked as a voulnteer we passed out homemade valentines to anybody who came along. In the elevator I asked one nurse if her husband had given her a valentine yet. She said no. I gave her one and it rocked her boat. I'll never forget that lesson.

Physics news on Phys.org
This is a great idea! You're awesome for posting this! :smile:

Tregg Smith, you're the best!

Enjoy her while you can.
The next one will be " Ok people, buckle down. I want results."
And the upside of that. though, is that you will feel much better going home than coming into work.

lol micro...you are definitely the best :biggrin:

What is the definition of "Unexpected Acts of Kindness"?

Unexpected Acts of Kindness refers to spontaneous or unplanned gestures of goodwill and compassion towards others, without any expectation of reward or recognition.

What are some examples of Unexpected Acts of Kindness?

Examples of Unexpected Acts of Kindness include paying for a stranger's coffee, leaving a thoughtful note for a co-worker, helping someone with their groceries, or simply offering a kind word to someone in need.

How do Unexpected Acts of Kindness impact the recipient?

Studies have shown that Unexpected Acts of Kindness can have a positive impact on the recipient, increasing feelings of happiness, gratitude, and well-being. It can also create a ripple effect, inspiring others to pay it forward and spread kindness.

What are the potential benefits of performing Unexpected Acts of Kindness?

Besides creating a positive impact on the recipient, performing Unexpected Acts of Kindness can also have benefits for the doer. It can increase feelings of empathy, reduce stress and anxiety, and improve overall mental health and well-being.

Are there any scientific studies on the effects of Unexpected Acts of Kindness?

Yes, there have been numerous scientific studies on the effects of Unexpected Acts of Kindness. These studies have found that performing and receiving acts of kindness can have numerous physical, emotional, and social benefits for both the giver and receiver.