Can these two things disperse photons?What can disperse photons?

• Thread starter promeus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Photons
In summary, a wind blade that cuts at a cellular level would not be able to disperse or affect photons, as wind is just the motion of air and the blade would have to be made of particles similar in size to the photons. Similarly, a person who can turn objects into dust would not be able to affect photons, as such a person likely does not exist in reality. The conversation also highlighted that at an atomic level, photons do not exist.
promeus
For question 1.

Can a wind blade that cuts at a cellular level disperse or effect photons?

Can a person who can turn objects into dust affect the photons at all?

What types of things can disperse photons?

Science news on Phys.org
promeus said:
Can a wind blade that cuts at a cellular level disperse or effect photons?

Did you mean atomic level? At which point, they don't exist. Wind's just the motion of air, so the blade would have to be made of particles about the size of the ones you want to cut. Try cutting a ball in half with a knife as blunt as the ball.

promeus said:
Can a person who can turn objects into dust affect the photons at all?

Again, I'm pretty sure people who can turn objects into dust don't exist.

Did you mean atomic level? At which point, they don't exist. Wind's just the motion of air, so the blade would have to be made of particles about the size of the ones you want to cut. Try cutting a ball in half with a knife as blunt as the ball.
No I meant cellular,thank you

Again, I'm pretty sure people who can turn objects into dust don't exist.
I was basing this off of a fictional character

1. Can light disperse photons?

Yes, light is made up of photons and can disperse them through various mediums such as air, water, and glass.

2. Can sound disperse photons?

No, sound waves do not contain photons and therefore cannot disperse them.

3. Can solid objects disperse photons?

Yes, solid objects can disperse photons through reflection or refraction. For example, a mirror reflects light and disperses photons in different directions.

4. Can a vacuum disperse photons?

No, a vacuum does not contain any particles or mediums for photons to disperse through. Therefore, it cannot disperse photons.

5. Can a magnet disperse photons?

No, magnets do not contain photons and therefore cannot disperse them. However, magnets can interact with photons and affect their direction of movement.