PF iPhone App: View LaTex Equations Easily

In summary, the person is experiencing trouble viewing LaTex equations on the PF app and is unsure if the issue can be resolved on the app's end or if they need to do something on their own. They mention being able to follow directions but not being able to read the code and ask for help. They also mention being on an iPhone 5 and having an updated iOS. Another person mentions that LaTex is not supported on the app but can be viewed on the mobile browser skin. The person apologizes for not realizing this issue was already discussed and plans to rate/review the app in the near future.
Yanick
Hello all. Brief disclaimer, I'm not exactly a luddite but I'm no programming wiz either so I can't talk about these issues on a very technical level. I can however follow directions, so if I have to do something on my end, I would be able to with some guidance.

Basically the problem I'm experiencing is that I don't see the LaTex equations that people put up. I just see the brackets and slashes (the code I'm guessing).

I have no idea if the problem can be resolved on PF's end or if I have to do something on my end.

Either way, some help would be appreciated. I don't know LaTex well enough to see the code and know what the output would be, thus rendering most threads impossible to read.

Thanks for any help you can give. I hope there is a solution as the PF app has become my main method of accessing the forum.

PS I'm on an iPhone 5, and AFAIK all updated as far as the iOS goes.

Physics news on Phys.org
At this time LaTeX is not supported on the app. The mobile browser skin does however.

Hi Greg, I didn't realize this issue was discussed in the sticky regarding the PF app already (I just now read it).

Sorry about that.

Ill be rating/reviewing in the next few days, its still the most useful app I've downloaded in the last six months.

1. What is the purpose of the PF iPhone App?

The PF iPhone App is designed to make it easy to view LaTex equations on your iPhone. It is particularly useful for scientists, mathematicians, and anyone who needs to view and use equations on their mobile device.

2. How does the PF iPhone App work?

The app uses advanced technology to accurately render LaTex equations on your iPhone screen. It also allows you to copy and paste equations into other documents or share them with others.

3. Is the PF iPhone App free to use?

Yes, the app is completely free to download and use. There are no hidden fees or in-app purchases.

4. Can I create and edit LaTex equations using the PF iPhone App?

No, the app is designed for viewing and using existing equations. You will need to use a separate program or website to create and edit LaTex equations.

5. Is the PF iPhone App available for other devices?

Currently, the app is only available for iPhone. However, there may be plans to expand to other devices in the future.