Mouth Ulcers: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment Options

• Thread starter Bladibla
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is experiencing 4 mouth ulcers on their gum, which is causing pain. They are unsure of the cause of the ulcers and are seeking answers from Google. They are also asked about their location, diet, medications, allergies, family history, and when the ulcers appeared, but have not received any information from a doctor.
Bladibla
Warning. Pretty 'vile' question..

I currently have 4 mouth ulcers on my gum. It isn't a very enjoyable experience, quite painful. :mad:

I can't think of a single physical reason of which caused this to happen. i.e. i din't directly wound my gum whatsoever. So why do mouth ulcers like these appear in my mouth?

Biology news on Phys.org
where do you live
what do you eat
what do you drink
what medications are you taking
what allergies do you have
what is your parents' genetic history
when did those ulcers appear
what did the doctors say

What are mouth ulcers?

Mouth ulcers, also known as canker sores, are small painful sores that form in the mouth. They can appear on the inside of the cheeks, lips, tongue, and gums.

What causes mouth ulcers?

Mouth ulcers can be caused by a variety of factors, including injury or trauma to the mouth, stress, hormonal changes, and certain foods or medications. In some cases, underlying medical conditions may also contribute to the development of mouth ulcers.

How can mouth ulcers be treated?

In most cases, mouth ulcers will heal on their own within a week or two. However, over-the-counter pain relievers, topical ointments, and mouthwashes can help reduce discomfort and promote healing. If mouth ulcers are caused by an underlying medical condition, treating the condition may also help prevent future outbreaks of ulcers.

Are mouth ulcers contagious?

No, mouth ulcers are not contagious. They cannot be spread from person to person through contact or sharing utensils. However, some underlying conditions that can cause ulcers, such as viral infections, may be contagious.

When should I see a doctor for mouth ulcers?

If you have recurring mouth ulcers or have ulcers that do not heal within 2-3 weeks, it is important to see a doctor for further evaluation. Additionally, if you experience severe pain, difficulty eating or drinking, or have other concerning symptoms, seek medical attention.