How to shut down firmware firewall of inca adsl modem+router?

• Thread starter kishtik
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of opening port 6112 for online game hosting on the Inca AMX-CA81R device. The person encountered a problem with their IP address changing after saving the settings, which made the entered IP useless. A solution was found to use a static IP address, but this comes at an extra cost. However, the conversation also suggests using the computer's IP address instead of the service's, which can be found by typing "ifconfig" in the command prompt. It is also mentioned that most DSL services offer static IP addresses at no extra charge.
kishtik
Hi,
I have recently bought Inca AMX-CA81R, and wanted to open port 6112 for listening in order to host online games. But when I try to do that it wants me to enter my IP number. No problem until there. But when I click "Save Settings" it says "Modem must be rebooted." OK, but when modem reboots it gets a new IP number and the one I entered becomes useless. A solution I found is to get a static-IP but that's like $20. If I knew how to shut down the firmware firewall...

Thank you.

Computer science news on Phys.org
You don't put the IP address of your service but rather the IP address of the computer.

if you on windows xp you go to START->RUN and type "cmd" without the quotes. A window should popup. Then type "ifconfig" without the quotes. It should tell you the computers IP address. Enter that IP into the port forwarding settings.

Also, you probably didn't shop around for DSL that much. Most DSL services I know offer static IP by default at no extra charge. It the cable modem companies you have to watch out for.

Thank you very much. That solved the problem.

1. Can I disable the firmware firewall on my Inca ADSL modem+router?

Yes, it is possible to disable the firmware firewall on your Inca ADSL modem+router. However, it is important to note that disabling the firewall can leave your network vulnerable to cyber attacks. It is recommended to only disable the firewall temporarily for troubleshooting purposes and to re-enable it afterwards.

2. How do I access the firmware settings of my Inca ADSL modem+router?

To access the firmware settings of your Inca ADSL modem+router, you will need to enter the device's IP address into a web browser. The default IP address for Inca modem+routers is typically 192.168.1.1. You may also need to enter a username and password to log in to the firmware settings.

3. Where can I find the option to disable the firmware firewall?

The location of the option to disable the firmware firewall may vary depending on the specific model of your Inca ADSL modem+router. Generally, it can be found under the "Security" or "Firewall" section of the firmware settings. Refer to the user manual or contact Inca support for more specific instructions.

4. What are the potential risks of disabling the firmware firewall?

Disabling the firmware firewall can leave your network vulnerable to cyber attacks, viruses, and malware. It is the first line of defense against unauthorized access to your network and devices. Without a firewall, your personal and sensitive information may be at risk.

5. How can I ensure the security of my network if I disable the firmware firewall?

If you choose to disable the firmware firewall, it is important to have alternative security measures in place. This can include using a hardware firewall, installing anti-virus and anti-malware software, and regularly updating your devices and network with the latest security patches. It is also recommended to only disable the firewall temporarily and to re-enable it once troubleshooting is complete.