Elias Zakon's Mathematical Analysis I: Metric Spaces, Open & Closed Sets

In summary, "Mathematical Analysis I" by Elias Zakon covers topics such as metric spaces, open and closed sets, convergent sequences, function limits and continuity, compact sets, sequences and series of functions, power series, differentiation and integration, Taylor's theorem, total variation, rectifiable arcs, and sufficient conditions of integrability. It is suitable for undergraduate courses in real analysis or mathematical analysis, or as a preparatory class for graduate level courses. The book also includes a comprehensive introduction to set theory and the concept of sequences. Volume II of the series is currently in the typesetting stage and is expected to be completed soon. However, the correction, formatting, and copy-editing process may take several months. Overall, these
ranger
Gold Member
Mathematical Analysis I by Elias Zakon.

This covers the following topics: metric spaces, open and closed sets, convergent sequences, function limits and continuity, compact sets, sequences and series of functions, power series, differentiation and integration, Taylor's theorem, total variation, rectifiable arcs, and sufficient conditions of integrability

This text is appropriate for any undergraduate course in real analysis or mathematical analysis, or for a preparatory class for beginning graduate students who will later advance to courses in measure theory and functional analysis

Physics news on Phys.org
I'd add that it has a nice introduction (chaper 1) to set theory that introduces the concept of sequence.

I have never had an introduction to set and been seeking a complete formal one for quite some time. I assume this is the case of other people also, so there: this book has it.

I emailed the publisher yesterday and found out that volume II is completed and it currently at the typesetting stage. It should be done soon.

Jeff Ford said:
I emailed the publisher yesterday and found out that volume II is completed and it currently at the typesetting stage. It should be done soon.

That's great!

These books are golden.

Since I'm on my break, I should go through some of it again. I did the Basic Analysis one before. I'll go through the Mathematical Analysis one too.

I've emailed them this week and I'm affraid it's going to take a bit longer than expected.

Thank you for your note.

Volume II has been completed and typed, but the correction, formatting, copy-editing, etc., have been going relatively slowly. I regret that I cannot give a time for when the book will be completed; it will be at least some months.

Bradley Lucier
Publisher, the Trillia Group

1. What is the main focus of "Elias Zakon's Mathematical Analysis I: Metric Spaces, Open & Closed Sets"?

The main focus of this book is on mathematical analysis, specifically the study of metric spaces and open and closed sets.

2. What level of mathematics is required to understand this book?

This book is intended for advanced undergraduate or graduate students in mathematics, so a strong foundation in calculus and basic real analysis is necessary.

3. How is the material organized in this book?

The book is divided into three main parts: metric spaces, continuity and convergence, and open and closed sets. Each part is further divided into chapters that cover specific topics in depth.

4. What makes this book unique compared to other textbooks on mathematical analysis?

This book is unique in its approach to teaching mathematical analysis. It uses a combination of rigorous proofs and intuitive explanations to help students truly understand the material and develop their problem-solving skills.

5. Are there any prerequisites for studying this book?

As mentioned earlier, a strong foundation in calculus and basic real analysis is necessary. Additionally, some familiarity with set theory and mathematical proofs will be helpful for understanding the material.